The MOON HOAX

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
lux

Re: The Moon Hoax

Unread post by lux »

pov603 wrote:One thing that has always puzzled me with large organisations such as NASA is what does NASA actually produce [other than fakery so to speak]?
According to the owner of an employment agency located near NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab, the majority of JPL's administrative staff are temps and so are not really JPL employees per se. (The major Hollywood movie studios do the same, BTW.)

I had the unfortunate experience of living in an apartment next door to an actual JPL employee. What he did there was a mystery but he was gone for about 2 weeks out of every month. When he was home he evidently drank himself unconscious every night in front of his TV set, leaving his set blaring at max volume all night long prompting me to attempt to get him to turn it down. I could see him inside, unconscious in a big recliner chair in front of the TV as I pounded on his door which usually did no good and I ended up having to call the police. Once I did manage to wake him up and he began scurrying around on the floor on all fours howling like a dog with his head turned up toward the ceiling. At that point I decided not to deal with him directly anymore and to only let the police handle him.

As a result, one night when he found out I had called the cops on him, just after they left he punched this hole through my front door with his fist.

(That's a solid wood door -- not the flimsy hollow type)

The next day he saw me and talked to me like I was his buddy and had no recollection of having done it. He didn't seem to be lying, he was just obviously an insane multiple-personality type.

I moved out of that apartment right then and there.

BTW, according to the media, the guy below was a local JPL employee too:

They call him the "Santa Shooter" because he supposedly shot a bunch of people while dressed as Santa Claus a few years ago (and a few years after I moved out of that apartment). He was described as a former JPL employee.

Funny thing is he looks remarkably like my former neighbor yet his name is different. They also say his home was very close to where my former apartment building is located. :blink:

So anyway, getting back to the question asked, maybe this is what NASA actually produces. B)
Last edited by lux on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Towards the tail-end of 2011, you may remember CERN went through a revealing non-reveal of the Higgs Boson...this was in the news-dead days prior to Xmas/Winterval/Hannuka. I detected (without the aid of a collider of any sorts) that this happened to be preceded by rumours of a possible serious funding crisis for the project (in common with everything else afflicted with Europlesy).

That of course may have been entirely-coincidental, but the redemptive sequence was ...interesting.

I feel that although Physics famously claims that it is the 'only true science' (and is sterotypically-dismissive of all others, from biology through to sociology) there is much of it's current portfolio which sounds equally circular, self-referring and inabsolute. Whilst, of course, it has to fight the contemporary arms race of dumb-down at the same time as sex-up, I worry that massive chunks of cosmology and particle study seem to contain so much now which is essentially a taught set of reveretial observances, math mantras and metaphorical rap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson wrote:Feynman diagrams showing two ways the Higgs boson might be produced at the LHC. Left: two gluons convert to top/anti-top quark pairs, which combine. Right: two quarks emit W or Z bosons, which combine.
As soon as there were the self-fulfilling marketing campaign mentions such as 'God particle' and 'first trillionths of a second after the big bang', I began to worry. And I do not know if I am right to worry or not- because I cannot attack the edifices of massive complexity, potential disaster and the indefinable promise of ultimate answers to infinite questions. The LHC has not been short of problems, some apparently-defendable http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8556621.stm, others the sheer stuff of pantomime http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/ ... -goes-phut, when a "bird dropped a baugette into the particle columnator", or back in 2008, when a 400m stretch developed a £23m fault, and (apparently like everything/everyone in European academia) it had to 'take another year out'.
Full operation at the LHC was delayed for 14 months from its initial successful tests on 10 September 2008, until mid-November 2009, following a magnet quench event 9 days after its inaugural tests that damaged over 50 superconducting magnets and contaminated the vacuum system. The quench was traced to a faulty electrical connection and repairs took several months; electrical fault detection and rapid quench-handling systems were also upgraded.
Perhaps I am being totally disingenuous towards an utterly fantastic piece of applied research. But similar to the space programme, it tends to inferentially-attract lateral plaudits through it's own micro-gravity....the 'World Wide Web' itself is a supposed construct of Tim Berners-Lee of CERN, the graphical/searchable front-end serving to consumerise the DoD's World War 3 unfriendly "packet-based internetwork"....the web almost being CERNs version of NASA velcro. Another supposed output of CERN is the touch-screen, a claim that I consider to be extremely vague...but to be honest, WW2 has been marketed as having been a much-more productive source of consumer salvation for teutocratic technology addicts like Us.

The parallels between space programmes and CERN are many and numerous: "the answer is just waiting for us if only we throw more billions at it"....multi-national substantially-insubstantial collaboration....the risk of explosion/multiple deaths...21st century white coveralls/goggles/symbology...these may be convergent/emergent values and archetypes of any 'scientific' fan-fiction, but there are finite limits both to patience and what we conspire to call 'money'.

'Mission Control'
http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1299577
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

lux wrote:BTW, according to the media, the guy below was a local JPL employee too:

They call him the "Santa Shooter" because he supposedly shot a bunch of people while dressed as Santa Claus a few years ago (and a few years after I moved out of that apartment). He was described as a former JPL employee.
Hall Of Fame Quarterback Troy Aikman, 3-time Super Bowl winner.

ImageImage
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Here is a piece of news that, I must say, sort of surprised me:

NASA probe captures 1st video of moon’s far side
http://www.kurzweilai.net/nasa-probe-ca ... s-far-side
A gravity-mapping spacecraft orbiting the moon has beamed home its first video of the lunar far side, a view people on Earth never see. The new video was captured by one of NASA’s twin Grail probes using a novel camera called MoonKAM, which will eventually be used by students on Earth to snap photos of the lunar surface as part of an educational project. The two spacecraft have been circling the moon since they arrived in orbit over the New Year.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1uuFwYHwQI

The video of course could be representing just about anything, including a ball of cheese lying on a table somewhere in Texas.

But I mean, I thought we had been studying the moon with probes and satellites since the fifties. Human landings aside, how is it possible that something as simple as a video of the far side was never taken? This new achievement makes the pair with the stars appearing in space photography. Sounds like another after time-limit sad little effort.

By the way: in the video above there are no stars. They should have used one of those fancy new cameras they have on the ISS instead.
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

nonhocapito wrote:Here is a piece of news that, I must say, sort of surprised me:

A gravity-mapping spacecraft orbiting the moon has beamed home its first video of the lunar far side, a view people on Earth never see. The new video was captured by one of NASA’s twin Grail probes using a novel camera called MoonKAM, which will eventually be used by students on Earth to snap photos of the lunar surface as part of an educational project. The two spacecraft have been circling the moon since they arrived in orbit over the New Year.

The video of course could be representing just about anything, including a ball of cheese lying on a table somewhere in Texas.

But I mean, I thought we had been studying the moon with probes and satellites since the fifties. Human landings aside, how is it possible that something as simple as a video of the far side was never taken? This new achievement makes the pair with the stars appearing in space photography. Sounds like another after time-limit sad little effort.

By the way: in the video above there are no stars. They should have used one of those fancy new cameras they have on the ISS instead.

I agree it does seem odd in extremitus that considering the first alleged mapping of the far side of the moon took place in 1959 by the soviet luna 3 there has been no video of it taken.

Stamp commemorating the soviets achievement.

The video you posted Non ho is very interesting.

Here is a photo of the moon on the 19th of January 2012 the day this video is alleged to have taken place.

From here ( thanks to flikr user)) http://www.flickr.com/photos/vontom/6745672179/

The brightness seen in the 19th of January shot from EARTH on one 1/8 edge of the moon, should have a corresponding 1/8 darkness on the other side of the moon taken by MOONKAM which should be visible in the video you posted Noho. I can nay see it anyway.

The New moon was on the 23rd of January. Fully dark our side. Fully bright other side.

This moonkam of the 19th actually then depicts the full moon of the 23rd (?). As such then, the lens flares apparent do not make sense: the light source would be directly behind the camera at a full moon. (I.e its all a crock of shit cooked up in after effects)

THis new video reminds me a great deal of this famous opening sequence ( in reverse)

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QFj59PON4

Kubrick's memorable stunning image is of a full moon on Earth. Camera - Moon - Earth - Sun.
NASA new video is of new moon on Earth. Sun - Camera - Moon - Earth

This interesting (I think anyway!0) Kubrick's full moon was 1968. This new moon is 2012. Thats a 44 year gap. A full cycle takes 88 years. Quarter cycles of 22 years. What has an 88 year cycle??
the Gleissberg 88-year solar cycle
Among other longer-than-22-year periods in Fourierspectra of various solar–terrestrial records, the 88-year cycle is unique,because it can be directly linked to the cyclic activity of sunspot formation.Variations of amplitude as well as of period of the Schwabe 11-year cycleof sunspot activity have actually been known for a long time
http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2003/2 ... 9390.shtml
(Most wars and times of strife seem to be based on these 10/11 year sunspot cycles in recent years .. 1991 --2001--2011)

This thing supposedly up there is called ' Grail Moonkam'

I find anagrams a bit of fun and sometimes they contain codes or puns for things. When you see things like 'kam' instead of 'cam' you wonder.

Anagram of 'grail moonkam' is "karma looming' or 'looming karma'

It is not a surprise then that this is all aimed at kids.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Terence.drew wrote:
nonhocapito wrote:Here is a piece of news that, I must say, sort of surprised me:

I agree it does seem odd in extremitus that considering the first alleged mapping of the far side of the moon took place in 1959 by the soviet luna 3 there has been no video of it taken.

Stamp commemorating the soviets achievement.

The video you posted Non ho is very interesting.

Here is a photo of the moon on the 19th of January 2012 the day this video is alleged to have taken place.

From here ( thanks to flikr user)) http://www.flickr.com/photos/vontom/6745672179/

The brightness seen in the 19th of January shot from EARTH on one 1/8 edge of the moon, should have a corresponding 1/8 darkness on the other side of the moon taken by MOONKAM which should be visible in the video you posted Noho. I can nay see it anyway.

The New moon was on the 23rd of January. Fully dark our side. Fully bright other side.

This moonkam of the 19th actually then depicts the full moon of the 23rd (?). As such then, the lens flares apparent do not make sense: the light source would be directly behind the camera at a full moon. (I.e its all a crock of shit cooked up in after effects)

THis new video reminds me a great deal of this famous opening sequence ( in reverse)

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QFj59PON4

Kubrick's memorable stunning image is of a full moon on Earth. Camera - Moon - Earth - Sun.

This interesting (I think anyway!0) Kubrick's full moon was 1968. This new moon is 2012. Thats a 44 year gap. A full cycle takes 88 years. Quarter cycles of 22 years. What has an 88 year cycle??
the Gleissberg 88-year solar cycle
Among other longer-than-22-year periods in Fourierspectra of various solar–terrestrial records, the 88-year cycle is unique,because it can be directly linked to the cyclic activity of sunspot formation.Variations of amplitude as well as of period of the Schwabe 11-year cycleof sunspot activity have actually been known for a long time
http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2003/2 ... 9390.shtml
(Most wars and times of strife seem to be based on these 10/11 year sunspot cycles in recent years .. 1991 --2001--2011)

This thing supposedly up there is called ' Grail Moonkam'

I find anagrams a bit of fun and sometimes they contain codes or puns for things. When you see things like 'kam' instead of 'cam' you wonder.

Anagram of 'grail moonkam' is "karma looming' or 'looming karma'

It is not a surprise then that this is all aimed at kids.

So are you saying that this 'grail moonkam', like the 'Phobos-Grunt' probe is yet another possible message from the perps to start a major war?
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

I agree with the sentiment regarding 'hidden' messages in name tags of items such as these.

It did remind me of the name I gave my company which contained an 'M' and 'K'.

My business partner, who was a mason though he had not told me [I'd been copied in on an email exchange with another associate during their earlier messages had went through this 'banter' ie 'greetings brother/s&f yours' etc], was aghast at my suggestion that we print the business name along the vertical edge of our business cards/stationery so that the M became the symbol for 'the sum of' and the 'K' became a 'benchmark'.

Please note I am not, never shall be or have never been a Mason or member of any secret society, but I am interested in Art/Symbology and dare I say 'innocent' hidden meanings [if that isn't an oxymoron!].

So coming from a commercial/construction background those symbols are fairly prevalent and poignant to me, 'the sum' on the computer programmes I often use [excel/numbers] and the benchmark, see them on any old(ish) building on the wall close to a pavement.

So getting back to the point, people don't do these sorts of things ie use 'K' when 'C' would make better sense, unless there is a meaning to the change.

As they don't broadcast why, we are open to conjecture, however, unfortunately, even if they then come up with a 'rational explanation', that ends up getting treated with a pinch of salt too.

Edit: changed a few words/sentence arrangement.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Terence.drew wrote:Kubrick's memorable stunning image is of a full moon on Earth. Camera - Moon - Earth - Sun.
IFC Films Picks Up Fantastic ‘Shining’ Doc ‘Room 237′

For film fans, one of the most enticing films coming out of the 2012 Sundance Film Festival was Room 237, an experimental documentary directed by Rodney Ascher which explores wild theories buried deep in Stanley Kubrick‘s masterpiece The Shining.
Here’s how I described the film in my review:

Room 237 is broken into nine sections, each of which do their best to convince you that The Shining has some kind of alternative, hidden subtext. The most controversial and well-known theory is the Moon landing justification. The explanations for it range from laughable to interesting. Other ideas include The Shining being an anti-holocaust piece.

Several of the other chapters dissect the production design and mise en scene of the film in excruciating detail. For example, one woman has made detailed maps of the Overlook and decided it couldn’t be a real structure. Another believes Kubrick was so obsessed with subliminal advertising at the time, he flooded the movie with sexual images. And yet another believes Kubrick composed the film to be a mirror unto itself and, to illustrate, we watch several scenes from The Shining overlapped from two different sources: One running the film forward, the other running it backward. The results are jaw-dropping.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ifc-films-pick ... %2FFilm%29
AnonymousTruther2

The Moon Hoax

Unread post by AnonymousTruther2 »

Google Lunar X Prize

The Google Lunar X Prize, abbreviated GLXP, sometimes referred to as Moon 2.0,is a space competition organized by the X Prize Foundation, and sponsored by Google. It was announced at the Wired Nextfest on 13 September 2007. The challenge calls for privately-funded spaceflight teams to compete in successfully launching, landing, and then traveling across the surface of the Moon with a robot, while also sending back to Earth specified images and other data. :lol:

The Google Lunar X PRIZE offers a total of US$30 million in prizes to the first privately funded teams to land a robot on the Moon that successfully travels more than 500 meters (1,640 ft) and transmits back high definition images and video. The first team to do so will claim the US$20 million Grand Prize
; while the second team to accomplish the same tasks will earn a US$5 million Second Place Prize. Teams can also earn additional money by completing additional tasks beyond the baseline requirements required to win the Grand or Second Place Prize, such as traveling ten times the baseline requirements (greater than 5,000 meters (3 mi)), capturing images of the remains of Apollo program hardware or other man-made objects on the Moon :lol: , verifying from the lunar surface the recent detection of water ice on the Moon, or surviving a lunar night. Additionally, a US$1 million Diversity Award may be given to teams that make significant strides in promoting ethnic diversity in STEM fields. :puke: Finally, Space Florida, one of the "Preferred Partners" for the competition has offered an additional US$2 million bonus to teams who launch their mission from the state of Florida.

Origin of the prize

Similar to the way in which the Ansari X Prize was formed, the Google Lunar X Prize] was created out of a former venture of Peter Diamandis to achieve a similar goal. Dr. Diamandis served as CEO of BlastOff! Corporation, a commercial initiative to land a robotic spacecraft on the Moon as a mix of entertainment, internet, and space <_< . Although it was ultimately unsuccessful, the BlastOff! initiative paved the way for the Google Lunar X Prize.

Objections to the Heritage Bonus Prizes

Some observers have raised objections to the inclusion of the two "Heritage Bonus Prizes," particularly the Apollo Heritage Bonus Prize, which will award an additional US$4 million to the first group that successfully delivers images and videos of the landing site of one of the Apollo Program landing sites, such as Tranquility Base, after landing on the lunar surface. It is universally noted such sites are archaeologically and culturally significant, and some have expressed concern that a team attempting to win this heritage bonus might inadvertently damage or destroy such a site, either during the landing phase of the mission, or by piloting a rover around the site. As a result, a very small number of archaeologists are on record calling for the Foundation to cancel the heritage bonus and to ban groups from targeting landing zones within 100 kilometers of previous sites. :lol: :lol:

In turn, the Foundation has noted that, as part of the competition's educational goals, it hopes these bonuses will foster debate about how to respectfully visit previous lunar landing sites, but that it does not see itself as the appropriate adjudicator of such an internationally relevant and interdisciplinary issue. This response left that small community of detractors unsatisfied. The Foundation points to the historical precedent set by the Apollo 12 mission, which landed nearby the previous Surveyor 3 robotic probe; new scientific results from that heritage visit were still being published in leading papers nearly four decades later.

In January 2011, NASA's Manager for Lunar Commercial Space noted on Twitter that work was underway to provide insight and guidelines on how lunar heritage sites could be protected while still allowing visitations that will yield critical science.

Many of the Apollo astronauts themselves have already expressed support for the bonus, with Apollo 11 moonwalker Buzz Aldrin appearing at the Google Lunar X PRIZE's initial announcement and reading a plaque signed by the majority of his fellow surviving Apollo Astronauts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Lunar_X_Prize
http://www.googlelunarxprize.org/

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Db0W0DagE
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

astronut wrote:
reel.deal wrote: a half million miles round trip in 5 days flat, on 1 tank of gas,
when it takes the shuttle 78 hours to dock with the ISS...
;)
Sorry that you don't understand orbital mechanics as well as I do. The relative velocity between ISS and the shuttle prior to docking is considerably less than the relative velocity between an Apollo spaceship and the moon. Both of the former are in low earth orbit. For one to go faster than the other it needs to orbit lower. There's only so much "lower" you can get before atmospheric drag becomes a serious problem.
:P

30-TON APOLLO11 COMMAND MODULE CM-107 - 1969-circa 56k 10 ton 'laptop' not included - 'looted'

ok. so... Apollo 11 was slingshot catapulted straight to the moon, and back, at a quarter million miles an hour,
leaving Neil, Buzz & Mike the requisite 4 1/2 days it took to make all their flag-waving, moon-frogs hopping,
videos, and take their 1,000-odd photos perfectly framed through their chest-mounted view-finderless hasselblads,
with the 'edge' of the 'moons' 'visible' 'horizon' '2 miles' ? / '1 mile' ? / '200 metres' ? approx, either side, into the 'distance'...
interesting 'logistics'. interesting 'timescales'.
No 'moondust' on the LEM feet during or after landing...
No 'moondust' disturbed on touchdown...
yeah. sure.

good ol' Von Braun himself told us in that late 50's Disney TV show, a rocket to the moon would need to be 1/4 mile
long to carry all the fuel needed to make the return trip back home.
but what would he know about it, huh?
its not rocket science, right?
The thing with the moon dust would be:
there is "no atmosphere".

Which would mean: anything from dust to large rocks was picked up, "accelerated and flew away".

"Its is vacuum".
"No resistance from atmosphere".
It would just "fly farther" than here because of the "1/6-th gravity" there.

Not just one time.
Everytime.
B)

"no atmosphere" ? ..."vacuum" ? ..."no resistance" ? ..."fly farther" ? ..."1/6-th gravity" ?
:)
ImageImageImage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnP2ek47 ... re=related

the 'horizon' neatly continues through spacemans visor, showing the 'endless' surrounding 100metre 'vistas'...
spacemans shadow in the visor almost fell over the edge.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-u-j4kzlE

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW6DuPQzyBU

i just LOVE all the Apollo 'Moon' photography. :wub:
be great if you could 'put us straight' on all the incredible Apollo 'Moon' photography, made in the early 90's,
in anticipation of the http://www...

:huh:
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

Earth-Space-space-8071577-2000-1500

dear astronuts, would've looked more convincing if they put the 'Nightfall' Earthterminator line
on the opposite side, y'know... to match the right/left SUN shadows 'ON THE MOON!'
2 SUNS...
again.
:wacko:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear astronut,

I surmise that you DO believe in the six moon landings - which NASA has kept bragging about for the last 4 decades or so?

Please correct me if this is not the case. I'll be glad to stand corrected about your apparent, severe gullibility.

Anyhow, I have this simple question for you :

Who operated the camera(s) which captured these images with astronots Cernan and Schmitt (of the alleged Apollo 17 mission) hopping around and singing "I was strolling on the moon one day"?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3-fuYKWB4

(This clip was recently published - for unfathomable reasons - on "La Repubblica" online, only yesterday!)
http://video.repubblica.it/divertimento ... ref=HREV-3
Q_prime

Re:

Unread post by Q_prime »

reel.deal wrote:Earth-Space-space-8071577-2000-1500
Let see:
- Look at the shadow casted under the charriot.
- Light is not natural, it came from the studio
- If the moon has 1/6 gravity of earth, charrot should be covered of dust
- Obvious flat background
- Where are the stars and galaxy
- The photo is too clean compared to supposed video version
- Can a plastic ever survive cosmic radiations?
- How come there is no moon tourism if mankind ever reached the moon? Was Van Allen belt issue resolved?
Jonathan

Unread post by Jonathan »

It would be really bad if this was supposed to be a real image.
But since it's only a nice looking photoshop job intended as a wallpaper analyzing it is just a waste of time.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Talking about footprints!
This is an image of the italian newspaper "Il messaggero" reporting the news of the man of the moon back in '69.

Now we are told that the image of the footprint on "Il messaggero" was obviously a fake -- compared to the official picture of Neil's Armstrong first step:

... that also was a fake. <_<

Only ten or twenty years ago it would have been denied on principle that an image on a newspaper in our democracies could be faked. Today, some of these manipulations are used to "prove" that the failsafe system works. That fakery isn't really possible. They need to do this also thanks to the fact that we are here investigating and asking questions. B)

(The first picture above comes from the blog of major swiss disinfo agent & shill "Paolo Attivissimo", which I will not directly link to. But the pic is widely available on the internet, as a reverse search on google images can prove.)