The MOON HOAX

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
daddyo930

Re: The Moon Hoax

Unread post by daddyo930 »

Title: Catalogue of LDE flares (January 1969 - March 1986) differential rotation of the Sun during the period 1921-1971
Authors: Antalova, A.
Journal: Contributions of the Astronomical Observatory Skalnate Pleso, vol. 16, p. 79-190.
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/full ... ..16...79A

Page 82 for explanation of the chart. Page 87 for November 17, 18 and 19th 1969. LDE flares are solar proton events. The day apollo was allegedly on the moon, an M3 class solar proton event lasted 3 hours. The next day, the 18th, an X5 solar proton event lasting 4 hours. The 19th, 2 X5 solar proton events 8 total hours.

Significant proton radiation exposure can be experienced by astronauts who are outside of the protective shield of the Earth's magnetosphere, such as an astronaut in-transit to, or located on the Moon. However, the effects can be minimized if astronauts are in a low-Earth orbit and remain confined to the most heavily shielded regions of their spacecraft. Proton radiation levels in low earth orbit increase with orbital inclination. Therefore, the closer a spacecraft approaches the polar regions, the greater the exposure to energetic proton radiation will be.

Extremely intense solar proton flares capable of producing energetic protons with energies in excess of 100 MeV can increase neutron count rates at ground levels through secondary radiation effects. These rare events are known as Ground Level Events (or GLE's).

Solar Energetic Particles (SEP) are high-energy particles coming from the Sun which had been first observed in the early 1940s. They consist of protons, electrons and heavy ions with energy ranging from a few tens of keV to GeV (the fastest particles can reach speed up to 80% of the speed of light). They are of particular interest and importance because they can endanger life in outer space (especially particles above 40 MeV). Solar Energetic Particles (SEPs) can originate from two processes: energetization at a solar flare site or by shock waves associated with Coronal Mass Ejection (CMEs). However, only about 1% of the CMEs produce strong SEP events.

When a solar flare occurs on the Sun a blast of intense ultraviolet and x-ray radiation hits the dayside of the Earth after a propagation time of about 8 minutes. This high energy radiation is absorbed by atmospheric particles, raising them to excited states and knocking electrons free in the process of photoionization. The low altitude ionospheric layers (D region and E region) immediately increase in density over the entire dayside. The ionospheric disturbance enhances VLF radio propagation. Scientists on the ground can use this enhancement to detect solar flares; by monitoring the signal strength of a distant VLF transmitter, sudden ionospheric disturbances (SIDs) are recorded and indicate when solar flares have taken place

Then we have Gamma Ray Bursts, Galactic cosmic rays, Magnetars, ect.

When I present this information on other forums, I get booted or banned. There is no logical reason for a thinking man to believe we went anywhere past low earth orbit. The amount of radiation and energy in space would kill you quickly and very painfully. We didn't have electromagnetic shielding then and we don't have it now so we are stuck on this rock until we come up with that technology.

P.S. The moon is not what you think it is anyway.
Jonathan

Unread post by Jonathan »

daddyo930 wrote:...
P.S. The moon is not what you think it is anyway.
Would you care to expand on that a little?
...and be it only the to you most important sources, links, headlines...

I'd have said: it might not be what you think it is anyway.
I'm thinking and reasoning from the widely accepted view.
But I like to think that I'm openminded and skeptical and there seem to be interesting and nagging different views and explanations.
You seem to be sure.
SmokingGunII

Unread post by SmokingGunII »

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's well worth the read.... :lol:

According to NASA, "The best rebuttal to allegations of a "Moon Hoax," however, is common sense." ;)

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... st23feb_2/

Currently demonstrating to my 8 year old why man didn't go to the moon. :)
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Although it actually overlaps a number of areas in the ongoing global deceptions & indoctrination via Media fakery seeded by Hollywood movies, this Moon Hoax propaganda failure struck me as particularly ironic.
Is this a case of 'unintended consequences'? :D

@ thehotglove.com:

1 in 10 Kids Thinks Buzz Lightyear Was First Man On The Moon
By Big Cat | March 18th, 2010

Who was the first man to walk on the moon? Apparently, 1 out of 10 U.K. schoolchildren thought it was Toy Story‘s Buzz Lightyear, and not Neil Armstrong, who took that first one small step for man, The London Telegraph reported.

OK, so maybe their confusion makes a little sense. After all, the second man to walk on the moon was Buzz Aldrin.

Buzz Aldrin, Buzz Lightyear … easy to get them mixed up, right?

But that doesn’t explain the other answers given by 1,000 primary and secondary school children who had been tested in advance of National Science and Engineering Week. Other candidates given as possible moon men were Sir Richard Branson, cyclist Lance Armstrong and even Star Wars‘ Luke Skywalker.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I’m not going to lie, when first I read the title of this article I couldn’t figure out why Buzz Lightyear was the wrong answer. I just sat at my computer thinking, I’m pretty sure Buzz Lightyear was the first man on the moon. Not sure if I should be admitting that but then again I’m in the elite few, it’s the other 9 out of 10 that are a bunch of losers if you ask me.

I have a serious problem with this question though. First of all, you say Buzz and I think moon, total trick question. Second, Buzz Lightyear is like god to little kids. I dressed up as Buzz Lightyear for Halloween two years ago and I had little kids literally chasing me down Clark Street. I guess it makes sense, because 9 of them loved toy story and the tenth thought I had been on the moon. I just feel kind of bad for that last kid, he probably thinks all you have to do to be an astronaut is drink natty ice and smoke cigarettes, little did he know you also have to be able to take shots of whiskey and be a really good dancer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Per Wiki:
Buzz Lightyear's name was inspired by Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin.[1] Aldrin acknowledged the tribute when he pulled a Buzz Lightyear doll out during a speech at NASA, to rapturous cheers; a clip of this can be found on the Toy Story 10th Anniversary DVD. Aldrin did not, however, receive any endorsement fees for the use of his first name.[2] Regarding the design of Lightyear, his creator, John Lasseter, is on record as saying he wanted to create an action figure in the line of GI Joe for Toy Story and decided upon a spaceman figure.[3] He attributes his design to the influence Apollo astronauts, in particular their clear helmets, skullcaps, communication devices and white suits...
To infinity and beyond! :rolleyes:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I almost forgot! I had a deep pre-sleep flash lastnight - Neil A ...... Alien :unsure:
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

brianv wrote:I almost forgot! I had a deep pre-sleep flash lastnight - Neil A ...... Alien :unsure:
Those dream flash insights are great, aren't they :D I've had a few doozies like that (our unconscious mind uses puns regularly in dreams). That's a lot like (to) live backwards = evil.

Have you heard of David Oates' Reverse Speech experiments? Although it's not accepted in any scientific circles, of course, because it's too dependent upon subjective interpretation, it's fascinating nonetheless. The premise being that unconscious thoughts (true feelings) are revealed when speech audio is reversed (especially anything emotionally charged); some are uncanny.

Particularly when applied to Astronots, like Neil Armstrong. Here's a classic case of 'selective hearing', when reversing A lieN's "That's one small step for man" (mp3 clip). Believers (including Oates himself) 'hear' "Man will space walk" (which makes no sense if he were already there of course :rolleyes: ), but it actually sounds much clearer to most as "Never space walked" :ph34r:
(Note the comments on the Youtube clip of it)
lux

Unread post by lux »

Here is a photo I downloaded from the NASA site a couple years ago.
NASA says it shows astro-not John Young of Apollo 16.

Link to full size photo:
http://picsmad.fileave.com/young.jpg

A few days after I downloaded the photo I tried to find it again on
the NASA site and couldn't find it. It appeared to have been removed
and a photo of much lower resolution was substituted.

When I load this photo into Photoshop and bring up the levels (make it
brighter) I start to see funny things in the background and other areas.

I'm posting it here for others to play with. You might find it interesting.
The photo is as I first downloaded it from NASA -- no alterations to the file
by me.
Last edited by lux on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

What piece of scrap is on the left of the picture?
lux

Unread post by lux »

I should also point out that this photo is referred to as the jump salute photo or something
similar because the person in the photo is supposedly jumping up while saluting the flag --
the camera supposedly catching him in mid jump.

Note the position of the figure's shadow in relation to other shadows.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Looks like he's being hoisted by a rock climbing harness.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

lux wrote:I should also point out that this photo is referred to as the jump salute photo or something similar (...)
Yeah - and you can purchase "a glossy, original copy" (although cropped and in black/white - greyscale) of
"the Apollo 16 Young Jump Salute"
on this website - for a mere $4.99:
Apollo 16 Young Jump Salute 10 x 8 B/W Glossy NASA Photograph
http://www.apollomissionphotos.com/inde ... tageb.html
NASA No. 72-H-601
21 April 1972
Astronaut John W. Young, commander of the Apollo 16 lunar landing mission, leaps from the lunar surface as he salutes the U.S. Flag at the Descartes landing site during the first Apollo 16 extravehicular activity (EVA-1). Astronaut Charles M. Duke Jr., lunar module pilot, took this picture (see above photo 65-H-536). The Lunar Module (LM) "Orion" is on the left. The Lunar Roving Vehicle is parked beside the LM. The object behind Young in the shade of the LM is the Far Ultraviolet Camera/Spectrograph. Stone Mountain dominates the background in this lunar scene.

This very fine vintage glossy NASA photograph is in near mint condition.
[ :lol: ]

Luckily, we now have a much minter, crisper and colored version of the "Young Jump Salute" photograph. Aah, the wonders of modern technology. Of course, the younger generations prefer color imagery - black & white pics are sooo "granpa family album":

Now, ladies & gents - drawing on the learnings of this picture only - here is a quick crash course in Moon Science:
Well, you may object that some dust should be seen - as it weighs about 1/6 of its weight on planet Earth.
Don't be fooled by that, kids! Just shut up and listen to the moon experts for now, ok?

Mars - and no stars? Well, this is of course - as NASA tells us - due to the very fast shutter speed of the camera which couldn't possibly catch a glimpse of the star-studded universe. However, Mars is there. Because it's red. Allright? Any questions?

Hope you all enjoyed the crash course. Here's some more NASA information about the lunar rocks:
http://history.nasa.gov/EP-177/ch2-2-1.html
"Especially important has been the return of actual lunar samples from nine sites (six American, three Russian) on the Moon. By analyzing these samples in laboratories on Earth, we have measured the Moon's precise composition, deduced its history, and inferred the nature and variations of the space environment around the Moon over long intervals of ancient time.

The composition of the Moon is much like that of the Earth. Its rocks are similar to Earth rocks and contain many but not all of the same minerals."
You've gotta believe it, kids. Or else, your mums and dads will laugh at you. Get it? <_<
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

* * * * * :P ...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuv6TVv0r44

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfcT6gkd0t4

GREAT BOUNCING !!! :lol: REALLY HIGH !!! ;) ...WHY THE JUMP 'TAKE-OFF' 'MOONBOOT-PRINTS' SO SHALLOW ?!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTe1FXvVc5o

SIMILAR VIEW OF LANDER, FLAG GOT SIMILAR WAVE PATTERN, JUST TURNED 180 DEGREES OPPOSITE DIRECTION...
SAME APOLLO 16 'MISSION'...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-u-j4kzlE
NICE 'BROGUES PRINT' !!! :lol:
THEY 'ALL TERRAIN' ?
:P
lux

Unread post by lux »

Here are some of the funny things I see in the photo by simply raising the mid-tone levels
in Photoshop:

Note the evenly spaced, parallel, repeating lines on the right of the above photo.
To me this resembles rigging as used in theatrical stages to support such things as
a "cyc" (cyclorama. -- a theatrical stage backdrop).

reel.deal

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ B)

NOW THAT IS IMPRESSIVE !!! AS...

Commander John W. Young and Lunar Module Pilot Charles Duke spent nearly three days
on the lunar surface while Command Module Pilot Ken Mattingly orbited the Moon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_16

...THE 'CAMERA/SPECTOGRAPH' MANAGED TO FILM YOUNG & DUKE WITH THE STOOPID FLAG IN THE WAY.
WHILE THE SIMULTANEOUSLY 'SNAPPING' DUKE ALMOST LOSES THE CAMERA/SPECTOGRAPH BEHIND YOUNG...
OR ELSE, THEY SPENT ALL DAY BOUNCIN' ROUND, SALUTIN';
FROM DIFFERENT ANGLES...
WITH SAME 'STARCHED FLAG WAVE'...
AWESOME.

:P
reel.deal

:huh: