NASA'S "FLAT EARTH" DBA STRATEGY

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
Painterman

Re: NASA'S FLAT EARTH DBA STRATEGY

Unread post by Painterman »

AI programs wouldn't usually be called "robots" in this context.

What's robotic about the Flat Earth psyop is the actors employed. These are not crisis actors, however. They are public relations actors, some of whom are charmingly fake friends - ingratiating phonies with obliging smiles that mask vicious and calculating minds. These are the infiltrators whose job is to commandeer (or at least sideline) existing social infrastructure on behalf of the psyop. Other public relations actors working for the Flat Earth psyop are celebrity gurus, some of whom are obviously trained linguistic programmers.

The psyop actor typology might be broken down as follows:

Crisis actors are used in a disaster psyop, which is the part of the movie where the monster, natural disaster or other threat is advancing on society. For example: 9/11, Sandy Hook, etc.

Public relations actors, the infiltrators and the gurus, are used in a social change psyop, which is the solutions part of the movie, where society responds to the threat - or enticement, etc., depending on what's being marketed - by changing its preferences, norms or organization.

In both cases, the psyop is a movie we've seen before, since the social engineers like to prepare society to receive its new stamp. In the case of the Flat Earth psyop, the movie is The Matrix (which parallels The Wizard of Oz in their being premised on a drab "real world", or Kansas filmed in black and white, vs. a vividly fantastical Matrix, or Land of Oz).

And, in both types of psyop, after all the money, design talent and effort invested, it is often the inept performances of the actors at show time that reveal it's a psyop.
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

I have a few questions as well, but I can satisfy at least one of them empirically, in the true sense of the word, i.e., personally, through my own sense data. I will keep my findings to myself as I see no particular advantage in aligning in opposition to the current paradigm should I discover something that calls it into question.

As far as the DBA strategy goes (at the risk of making Simon's already ticking head explode :P ) I have seen quite a few tin foil hat wearing, crazed nutter references leveled at those who doubt the Apollo missions and NASA in general. For whatever that is worth.

Steere clear is advice well heeded.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Here's to sincerely thank our friend Ab - of Fakeologist.com - for helping demonstrate earth's curvature with his own field work. :)
http://fakeologist.com/2015/12/01/flatv ... mment-8613
simonshack
Administrator

Why, oh why am I not surprised about ...

...finding out that there's now a Youtube channel named "September Clues" which promotes Flat Earth ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnnvZP9Dp00

Naturally, that impostor-impersonator-shill channel is utterly anonymous and 'unreachable' : :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVsRxy ... g23VRcCZow
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

Oh come on Simon of course the Earth is flat... Tila Tequila says it is!

Remind me Simon... when was the last time you had a celebrity (big chested or otherwise) tweet about vicsims?
simonshack
Administrator

Today I was alerted to the fact that, over at the Let's Troll Forums, word is circulating to the effect that "Cluesforum promotes FE".

Unsurprisingly, the entity spreading this silly rumor is none other than "do2read" (aka 'Larry') - one of Phil Jayhan's "historical lieutenants" - and the most relentless aspiring debunker of September Clues, of yours truly - and of Cluesforum's many findings. To be sure, "do2read" has been, over the years, the most tireless 'Shack-basher' of them all, spending untold hours of his time trying to defame / discredit my persona in the eyes of the LRF readership. As you can read below, "do2read" now claims that he "never visits Cluesforum"... :rolleyes:

To his credit, "do2read" is playing the 'voice of reason' with regards to NASA's Flat Earth campaign (putting forth sensible arguments against the vapid FE theory) yet - at the same time - manages to slip into his posts the odd turd, such as :

On page 6 of their FE thread : http://letsrollforums.com//flat-major-l ... 654p6.html
do2read wrote:We have to be careful not to fall into the Simon Shack trap that everything is manipulated and fake. That is simply a way to lump everything together, then make these simple arguments to discredit it, and then by association everything else.

While I never visit, my guess would be that cluelessforum has a big flat earth contingent.
On page 2 of their FE thread: http://letsrollforums.com//flat-major-l ... 654p2.html
do2read wrote:"No one likes to expose things as fakes more than I, but we have to be careful not to be Simon Hytten and declare everything fake and beyond investigation and understanding. Whether or not we have his ulterior motives."
Nothing new here, you might say - but I can't help thinking that the massive / viral and ridiculously 'snowballing' Flat Earth campaign - what with the countless FE videos and podcasts now infesting the internets - is a rather smart (I must admit) psyop foremostly (if not exclusively) aimed at this forum's longstanding / comprehensive exposure of the totally phony nature of NASA and space travel in general. It certainly made me cringe to see - on page 1 of that thread - those 12 embedded videos titled:

Flat Earth Clues1
Flat Earth Clues2
Flat Earth Clues3
Flat Earth Clues4
Flat Earth Clues5
Flat Earth Clues6
Flat Earth Clues7
Flat Earth Clues8
Flat Earth Clues9
Flat Earth Clues10
Flat Earth Clues11
Flat Earth Clues12

As has been noted before, it might just be coincidental for this slick series of videos (by one Mark Sargeant) to be named "Flat Earth CLUES" - and it may also be coincidental that the most prominent Flat Earth website is named "Flat Earth CLUES. com") - yet one may possibly speculate that this was done purposely in order to associate CLUESforum with the FE farce. Note: I said 'possibly'... <_<
Fake Eater

Unread post by Fake Eater »

Isn't the true purpose of a good disinfo campaign to not only control the argument but also what people argue about? Meaning, that the argument about the shape of the earth is there to distract from a more important argument? I am still trying to find out what that argument is, based on the intersection point of junk science. All unproven theories being somewhat equal, you can probably guess how my line of thought got here: Age of the earth. So I looked up "new earth theory" on Gobels and I got this; "Young Earth creationism is most famous for an opposition to the theory of evolution, but believers also are on record opposing many measurements, facts, and principles in the fields of physics and chemistry, dating methods including radiometric dating, geology,astronomy, cosmology, and paleontology." :blink:

Is the non-religious age of the earth a question? Because their answer seems to be based on all the overlapping junk science that says it is "billions of years old". Let me know if I am off or likewise let me know if you see a FE promoter rent a piece of survey equipment or put water in a clear piece of tubing.
Painterman

simonshack wrote:Note: I said 'possibly'...
Sure, though wait a month and the psyoperators will imply you said "certainly" and then make loud noises demanding ironclad proof. It's amazing to watch these clowns work. You can almost hear the wheels in their heads whirl as they fine-tooth comb everything you write and ask themselves, "How can I twist this? In what way shall I deliberately misinterpret what I know to be the intended meaning of this post in order to show its author in the least favorable light and misdirect the reader?" Funny how this disreputable tactic of rhetoric - reminiscent of the shyster and the politician - seems to correlate with whatever the latest astroturf psyop happens to be.

As for the title "Flat Earth Clues", I regard it as a transparent attempt to steal brand equity from September Clues and Cluesforum. Evidently the propaganda strategy is to fraudulently suggest a common creative origin, and/or a common brand community, by mimicking the distinctive use of "clues" in a similar grammatical construct:

September Clues (confirmed by Cluesforum) / Flat Earth Clues.

Or are we to believe the psyop designers hadn't heard of September Clues and Cluesforum, but chose to use "clues" in this way by spontaneous coincidence?
Brand equity is a phrase used in the marketing industry which describes the value of having a well-known brand name, based on the idea that the owner of a well-known brand name can generate more money from products with that brand name than from products with a less well known name, as consumers believe that a product with a well-known name is better than products with less well-known names.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand_equity
A brand community is a community formed on the basis of attachment to a product or marque. Recent developments in marketing and in research in consumer behavior result in stressing the connection between brand, individual identity and culture. Among the concepts developed to explain the behavior of consumers, the concept of a brand community focuses on the connections between consumers. A brand community can be defined as an enduring self-selected group of actors sharing a system of values, standards and representations (a culture) and recognizing bonds of membership with each other and with the whole. Brand communities are characterized in shared consciousness, rituals and traditions, and a sense of moral responsibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand_community
Apache

Unread post by Apache »

While I never visit, my guess would be that cluelessforum has a big flat earth contingent.
Use of "never" - effort to convince.
"my guess" - proving that he is merely speculating.
"would be" - conditional tense. Even his "guess" is speculative. If he was sure of his "guess" he'd write "my guess is".

Do2Read does not commit himself to his own statement, so why should anybody take him seriously?
Teth_Elite

Unread post by Teth_Elite »

This is a story in one of the largest Swedish newspapers. It's surprising because there has (to my knowledge) been no discussion about this issue in Sweden. No scientific review or opinion whatsoever.

Belief in a flat earth can have deadly consequences

http://www.dn.se/nyheter/vetenskap/tro- ... sekvenser/

"Ideas that the earth is flat and that the world is run by secret societies are easy to distribute online. But when people doubt HIV virus, polio vaccine, or climate change, the consequences will be fatal.

That the Earth is round, people have known since antiquity. Eratosthenes of Cyrene calculated the earth's circumference is already on the 200's BC. Although it is BoB not alone in doubting. On the web, it's easy to find groups of confident flat-earth-followers, who claim that the earth looks like the UN flag: a round disc with a pole in the middle, and the Antarctic as an icy border along the whole perimeter. A worldwide conspiracy will do anything to keep this a secret for us, they say.
It may seem harmless, if it is even serious. But when people deny other areas of science, the consequences can be more serious, as if the world's leaders refuse to agree to our greenhouse gas affects the climate, or when medical workers vaccinating children against polio in Pakistan is hindered or even kidnapped and murdered."

(The article continues with some remarks about intelligence and the tendencies to believe in alternative scientific. Use google translate if you want the whole articles. It translates surprisingly well from Swedish to English.)

So why this piece in Sweden? Not the most likely of subject here! Well .... Sweden has for a long time been an almost perfect sample of a "Brave New World". It's population indoctrinated and passified. It's media almost totally owned and controlled by the government. Dagens Nyheter (the Daily News in English) has also declared that they are going to publish "agenda news". News that drives the public in a particular direction. This is mostly noticed in articles about immigration but apparently they have started to touch subject barely touched in Swedish media (conspiracies and alternative science).

Sweden may seem unimportant as a small and insignificant country, but it is an important country for the "Club", and i think this is the evidence that proves that the flat earth is a psy-op, a guilt by association tactic used by the club to smear down everyone foolish enough to believe in it.
simonshack
Administrator

Teth_Elite wrote: So why this piece in Sweden? Not the most likely of subject here! Well .... Sweden has for a long time been an almost perfect sample of a "Brave New World". It's population indoctrinated and passified. It's media almost totally owned and controlled by the government.
I'm not sure whether the word 'passified' exists in the English language or not (perhaps you meant 'pacified') - but I sure love it!

To me, the word 'passified' - as in a "passified population" - evokes the notion of a group of people who've been rendered passive - i.e. non-active / non-thinking / uncritical. And yes, I fear that Sweden is high on the list of countries widely considered as highly 'advanced and civilized' - who have been transformed (by mostly jewish propaganda wizardry) into a nation of dreadfully passive individuals. Forgive me for saying "mostly jewish" (it is such an off-putting notion for most people) - but it really cannot be denied anymore that the major media corporations of this world are predominantly controlled by jews / zionists - or whatever you wanna call them. I have personally coined the term "JPM" (Jewish Power Maniacs) so as to distinguish / differentiate the bad / sociopathic jews from the harmless / socially-integrated jews. The point is, that the former have been 'shaping' (for the worse - and for their own self-serving 'power-seeking' agendas) the mindset of the entire western world - and beyond.

The fact that this very silly Flat Earth psyop /craze (now gone totally viral on the internets) is now being used by the mainstream media to equate anyone questioning 'scientific knowledge in general' with some sort of "potential, fatal danger to our world's society as a whole" - just goes to show the width and scope of the propaganda efforts invested into the Flat Earth psyop itself.
Teth_Elite

Unread post by Teth_Elite »

simonshack wrote:
Teth_Elite wrote: So why this piece in Sweden? Not the most likely of subject here! Well .... Sweden has for a long time been an almost perfect sample of a "Brave New World". It's population indoctrinated and passified. It's media almost totally owned and controlled by the government.
I'm not sure whether the word 'passified' exists in the English language or not (perhaps you meant 'pacified') - but I sure love it!
Honest mistake made ... Maybe some of my setting is wrong. The spell checker doesn't work correctly. But the word is actually quite good! Maybe a new contribution to the English language, besides smorgasbord and ombudsman? :)
fubarfuthark
Banned

Unread post by fubarfuthark »

http://anthrowiki.at/Tetraederstruktur_der_Erde

An alternative?

The poster from Sweden is certainly onto something about Scandinavian countries being managed societies. The last time I was in Sweden I found the place utterly mental, people trussed up in impossible to get tenancies in outlying Stockholm, watching TV with their 'sambo' who they can barely tolerate but put up with due to the gimp-mask rental contract.

Swedish government has certainly produced some grade A bastards, like Carl Bildt. Everything since Olof Palme seems off key to me.

With regards the flat earth...I really dont know. I just...simply dont know. It seems to me as if the NASA fake earth pictures and fake relativity science is being intentionally exposed by a combination of well-funded stooge alternative media and the obviously intentional ham-fisted fakery and bullshit of the space agencies in order to, do what exactly? Steer the ship of fools away from the Star-Trek Scylla directly into its dialectical opposite, the Charybdis of superstition, ancient myths and old gods, but this time buttressed with high technology, and unable to steer a golden middle ground of applied reason and thinking for oneself, always pulled to one extreme or the other. Never reaching a hand to grope in the darkness of the cave, instead always eager to hear a new tale told by the captor.

What about cosmos/earth as projection of sense-limited individual consciousness, but mediated by a kind of collective experience? If we can imagine ourselves never having seen these earth pictures or heard about a flat static earth, what would we conjure up?

http://mythology.wikia.com/wiki/Norse_cosmology

Yggdrasill?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_al- ... _table.jpg

The Sufi Ruhaniyat?

Shinto cosmology?

"The kami of Heaven and Earth must not lack a worshipper; the universe (uchū) must have a lord."

http://eos.kokugakuin.ac.jp/modules/xwo ... tryID=1319

I really dont know. I am reminded of the opening paragraph of the world as will and representation by Schopenhauer:

The world is my idea:

this is a truth which holds good
for everything that lives and knows, though man alone can bring
it into reflective and abstract consciousness. If he really does
this, he has attained to philosophical wisdom. It then becomes
clear and certain to him that what he knows is not a sun and an
earth, but only an eye that sees a sun, a hand that feels an earth;
that the world which surrounds him is there only as idea,
i.e. only in relation to something else, the consciousness, which is
himself. If any truth can be asserted a priori it is this: for it is the
expression of the most general form of all possible and thinkable
experience: a form which is more general than time, or space, or
causality, for they all presuppose it; and each of these, which we
have seen to be just so many modes of the principle of sufficient
reason, is valid only for a particular class of ideas; whereas the
antithesis of object and subject is the common form of all these
classes, is that form under which alone any idea of whatever kind
it may be, abstract or intuitive, pure or empirical, is possible and
thinkable. No truth therefore is more certain, more independent
of all others, and less in need of proof than this, that all that exists
for knowledge, and therefore this whole world, is only object in
relation to subject, perception of a perceiver, in a word, idea.
This is obviously true of the past and the future, as well as of the
present, of what is farthest off, as of what is near; for it is true
of time and space themselves, in which alone these distinctions
arise. All that in any way belongs or can belong to the world is
inevitably thus conditioned through the subject, and exists only
for the subject. The world is idea.

The question we have to ask, are the ideas our own? Are they good ones? :unsure:
Painterman

Teth_Elite wrote:This is a story in one of the largest Swedish newspapers. It's surprising because there has (to my knowledge) been no discussion about this issue in Sweden. No scientific review or opinion whatsoever.
Most interesting, Teth_Elite, since it fits a pattern. Flatology burst on the internet scene about a year ago. All of a sudden, scores of "sleeper" agents / infiltrators / general swine in the fake-alternative media "woke up" and became inexplicably committed "ball earth skeptics". Strangely, all these months later, most of them are still "looking into it", despite the ludicrous bunk it so conspicuously is.

Turns out the current DBA is following a shopworn playbook. From the cited Wikipedia article, regarding the Flat Earth Society of decades ago:
The society also claimed that the Apollo Moon landings were a hoax staged by Hollywood (a position also held outside the Flat Earth Society).
Lately, of course, this DBA strategy has been specifically targeted at Cluesforum - through, among other means, infringement of the distinctive "Clues" brand associated with this website - due to the exemplary NASA-busting done here.

Funnily enough, the following headlines have a familiar ring to them, making the current DBA seem rather a retread. (The word "tabloid" is especially apt, since today's flatology psyop shows conspicuous tabloidism in its emphasis on junk science, personal attacks / interpersonal drama, a pitchman's gish-gallop style of presentation, and a pervasive lurid vulgarity.)
Flat Earth News, was a quarterly, four-page tabloid.

Some headlines from Flat Earth News during the 1970s and early 1980s:

"Whole World Deceived... Except the Very Elect" (Dec. 1977)
"Australia Not Down Under" (May 1978)
"Sun Is a Light 32 Miles Across" (Dec. 1978)
"The Earth Has No Motion" (Jun. 1979)
"Nikita Krushchev Father of NASA" (Mar. 1980)
"Galileo Was a Liar" (Dec. 1980)
"Science Insults Your Intelligence" (Sep. 1980)
"World IS Flat, and That's That" (Sep. 1980)
"The Earth Is Not a Ball; Gravity Does Not Exist" (Mar. 1981)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_fl ... _societies
gish-gallop

A rhetorical technique in which a dishonest speaker lists a string of falsehoods or misleading items so that their opponent will be unable to counter each one and still be able to make their own counterpoints

http://www.yourdictionary.com/gish-gallop
An example of gish-gallop is given here:
Example

And just because YOU don't know how the cheese is created on the moon, doesn't mean that there isn't a cheese creating mechanism at the core of the moon. Run by secret moon wizards. And there are moon cows, that only live on the far side of the moon, eating moon grass that grows during the 14.25 days of the month where it's illuminated – presumably spending the remaining 14.25 days in hibernation or possibly storing metabolite like cacti.

Naturally, since the crust is mostly rock, then the grass would be mostly rock too, leading to heavier milk and cheese. There's your Occam’s Razor! All you need to do is assume the existence of a completely novel form of biological life and the explanation becomes simple!

Even more so when this neatly explains the motivation for Big Milk – moon cheese is much more valuable than "earther cheese" and only the superwealthy can afford the biological processing necessary to make it edible instead of poisonous which is why only the super-rich members of the Illuminati and Freemasons know about it. NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!!!

http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skeptica ... -fallacies
fubarfuthark
Banned

Unread post by fubarfuthark »

There IS another possibility that has not yet been raised

de Selby argued that though we believe we can travel spatially in four directions, in fact north and south, and east and west are equivalent if we truly are on a sphere. de Selby argues that, given whatever direction we choose to travel in we eventually arrive at the point we started from, we cannot therefore be certain we are on a sphere. He postulates that human beings are constrained to travel in a single direction around a sausage shaped Earth, while believing themselves free to travel in any direction. If humans could, somehow, travel along the ‘barrel’ of the sausage, “[n]ew and unimaginable dimensions will supersede the present order and the manifold ‘unnecessaries’ of ‘onedimensional’ existence will disappear”

http://www.irishphilosophy.com/2014/04/ ... y-ireland/

Actually in the world in which we live, Flann O'Brien's two books 'At Swim Two Birds' and 'The Third Policeman' are rapidly starting to seem like fantasy and more like a humourous description of the actual state of affairs. For those who have read it, consider the scene with boxes inside boxes in the third policeman. Or the fact that 'At Swim Two Birds' said everything that was later said in the entire field of 20th century literary theory and, was at least, funny.

Somehow it seems fitting, that one of the few novelists who said anything meaningful about human experience in the twentieth century was an Irish piss-artist and windup merchant who drank himself to death. Think, by comparison, of the kind of crap put out by David Foster Wallace or Thomas Pynchon or, god forbid, Dave Eggers, Rick Moody, Don DeLillo or Jonathan Franzen :puke: