Video Games and the Space Hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
hoi.polloi

Video Games and the Space Hoax

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Just a little chatty placeholder for now.

I believe I just learned that one of the very first arcade-style games in Japan was a pinball machine known as "Apollo". Funny, that.

It also occurs to me that "Lunar Lander" was another early one. If other strange connections occur to me, I will develop this topic a bit. Hopefully you already understand what I mean about it being somewhat weird.
Observer
Banned

Re: Video Games and the Space Hoax

Unread post by Observer »

Mainstream folks (like my father) would answer, "Nah, Video Game Makers, Movie Makers, TV Show Makers, News Media Makers, they all just try to put out what satisfies the VIEWERS, so it is the viewers that decide, through their choices of purchases, what themes the makers put out."

But as I always try to explain, "No, it's the opposite: since the exponentially increasing consolidation of all of the world's capital has been consolidated into the hands of a few at top, it is logically those wealthiest individuals at the TOP whose defacto-bribe-system and unspoken-threat-of-bankrupting-companies-who-don't-cooperate-with-the-program that TOTALLY OUTWEIGHS the relatively tiny amount of money which media CEOs receive from the piddly viewers at the bottom or even from the advertisers in the middle."

The content of all the mainstream media is controlled NOT by some media CEO's supposed goal of 'satisfying the customers at the bottom', not at all, quite to the contrary: the content is totally controlled from the top down. When an order comes from above to PUSH SPACE ROCKET THEMES, that is exactly what happens.

And as George Carlin explained, these orders don't even need to be written or spoken, no official meetings are needed, the push from above is still fully felt by all CEOs because the CEOs know what is in their best interests: to satisfy desires of the wealthiest patrons at the top who are actually paying for the artwork, regardless of what the poor townspeople really wanted to see.

The amount of total combined 'content voting money' of the poorest 99.99% is not even $0.01 when compared to the quadrillion-times-more-powerful 'content voting power' which the world's wealthiest have.

On this note, I now enjoy reading the ultra-contrarian site of CluesForum member TotalRecall (WildHeretic) who has sufficiently proven to me that "outer-space" is actually a relatively small ball (!), within a Concave Earth (!), and that even if humanity had the ability to send rockets up to explore this small ball (which we currently don't) even then: we STILL are literally prevented from exploring it due to a strong Glass Barrier (!) which exists between what "scientists" label "the Kármán line" and "the ionosphere". B)

So yeah, I agree with you Hoi absolutely: the video game industry, like all of the other industries, were covertly pushed from the top into promoting this whole big infinitely-large "outer-space" hoax.
hoi.polloi

Re: Video Games and the Space Hoax

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I will compile more of them, as I find them.

I think that some of the presence of hoaxy concepts is to "satisfy" consumers with their (kind of ironic) desire to merely be satisfied by popular media, because it's popular media — regardless of what the content is.

The first purely video-based game in Japan, not counting extremely obscure experiments or clones of the paddle games of America like "pong", was possibly by Tomohiro Nishikado who made a "block breaking" variation called Space Monsters after a popular pop-song "Monster" (by Pink Lady). Pink Lady (ピンクレディー) was known for other bubblegum oddities like "UFO" (YOU-foe). This kind of follows the idea that producers of pop are somewhat dedicated to playing around with pop themes, regardless of checking on their veracity. Talk talk. All you do to me is talk talk.

This Taito corporation game was based on attacking evil people, which were eventually changed to socially innocuous monsters when he got feedback from his staff that shooting people was not acceptable and then saw the movie Star Wars. Made into aliens, their strange movement was apparently excused and the game was renamed "Space Invaders" and became an instant hit. No word on whether Nishikado actually believes space travel is possible, but the fact that his sci-fi hit was based on American inventions and American belief systems ("outer space") we have another source of the perpetuation of the "space myth" that can be traced back to complete pop fantasy and no science whatsoever.

I suspect most endorsements of space are kind of like that. Pop fabrications spontaneously generated from blabber about subjects they didn't actually research. Nothing wrong with that — it's only harmless pop culture — but just helping people come to terms with the fact that yes, indeed, a concept like "outer space" can just be bandied about without any reference to its reality or proofs at all. Indeed, it is probably discussed as a given more than it is discussed as a science or theory in the small circles that conduct such discussions.