China's Moon Mission(s)

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
brianv

Re: China's Moon Mission(s)

Unread post by brianv »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL1h0NvHcKk

Celestron + Cheap WebCam + Moon
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

The Chinese moon landing ;)

I wonder when they will visit the Apollo moon landing site. I personally would love to see the moon buggy again :lol:

[ADMIN: Fixed your spelling of Apollo for better web search hits ;) - hp]
lux

Unread post by lux »

:blink:
tak47

Unread post by tak47 »

uhm, sorry, but am i seeing STARS here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

tak47 wrote:uhm, sorry, but am i seeing STARS here?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html
You may be seeing "stars", I see a space cartoon, the product of some lunatic's mind.
lux

Unread post by lux »

The shadow side is just about as bright as the sunlit side? :blink:

This Chinese effort raises the question: Just how fake can a space mission appear before the public finally says, "Hey, wait a second ..."
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

That shot of the lander would be impossible if taken from the rover considering the photo the lander supposedly took of it.

The perspectives cannot be reconciled.

I read an article from ABC (Australia) and it says:
Scientists burst into applause as a computer-generated image representing the spacecraft was seen landing on the moon's surface via screens at a Beijing control centre, state broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) showed.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-14/a ... on/5157020

I wasn't sure what to make of that until I saw this images on the CCTV site:

with the caption:
Photo taken on Dec. 14, 2013 shows the lunar probe Chang'e-3 on the screen of the Beijing Aerospace Control Center in Beijing, capital of China. China's lunar probe Chang'e-3, with the country's first moon rover onboard, landed on the moon on Saturday night, marking the first time that China has sent a spacecraft to soft land on the surface of an extraterrestrial body. (Xinhua/Jin Liangkuai)
http://english.cntv.cn/20131214/104526.shtml
So these people are watching a cartoon:

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

lux wrote: This Chinese effort raises the question: Just how fake can a space mission appear before the public finally says, "Hey, wait a second ..."
Indeed, Lux... By the way, thanks for making this gif of the "Chinese Moooon Landing".
It should be all anyone (with a functional brain) needs to realize the silliness of it all:

Wot? No side-mounted camera on this modern, 2013 spacecraft? How about some panoramic, horizontal views of its descent on our beautiful moooon?
Oh well, I guess the whole bloody point here is to bamboozle the public with some sort of "hypnotic nostalgia":

"APOLLO 12 MOOOON LANDING": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gqCY#t=101

The arrogance of the space hoaxers is quite breathtaking. If people keep buying into this endless farce, Brianv is quite correct:
brianv wrote:Finding intelligent life on earth should be our primary concern.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

lux wrote:Image
:blink:
In this cartoon they took the opportunity to "demonstrate" you can descend vertically, with powerful thrusters pointed towards the ground, without whirling up the moon dust, let alone making a crater. Rockets are an environment-friendly and impact-free means of propulsion. In contrast, a helicopter would have made a frigging mess, hurling sand and pebbles all the way to the shores of Mare Tranquillitati! :lol:
mnew9

Unread post by mnew9 »

I swear I could see a face forming on the moon surface as the Chinese Moon Mission landed. :blink:

Reminded me of the famous 'Face on Mars' seen in 1976. Maybe they've landed on the wrong planet! :wacko:

brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Damp topsoil on the moon? :wacko:
lux

Unread post by lux »

dblitz wrote: So these people are watching a cartoon:

These are just enlarged crops take from the above "photo." Note the blocky cut/paste evidence around the facial features and heads:

Footless boy?:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

dblitz wrote:
So these people are watching a cartoon:
What people? You are looking at an image. An image is not reality.

These "people" ARE a cartoon.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I like that last one, lux. Maybe he was at the Boston Marathon earlier this year? :P
lux

Unread post by lux »

My favorite is Monkey Boy, the ape that evolved into a rocket scientist.

PS -
The above "group photo" of the Chinese launch crew reminds me of some similar photos that were posted here earlier showing a similar scene at some NASA location. I can't find those photos at the moment but the point I wanted to make is that the Chinese are using the same trick of presenting simulated staff, creating the impression that many people are involved in these launches. This further reinforces the idea of "how could this be a hoax when so many people are involved?" that the incredulous suckers often ask about these scams. Evidently, the truth is that very few people are really involved in these hoaxes, the "rest" being sims like those above.