Miscellaneous NASA comedies

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
Sukiari

Re: Miscellaneous NASA comedies

Unread post by Sukiari »

lux wrote:
Sukiari wrote:
Often times I see you and a few others post these ELA 'analyses' with no further comment, as if they prove anything. ANY JPG which is compressed to a moderately high level (such as you will find for distribution on the web) will show pretty colorful sparkles unless it is exceptionally low contrast, or it has muted color transitions.

I have seen ELAs posted here that purport to 'prove' fakery (and massive fakery is out there) without further comment, as if some pretty purple and pink and blue sparkles prove anything.
I agree with this observation.
My challenge is to ascertain the algorithims used in ELA, use the Photoshop custom filter to build your own ELA, and take some good candidates for fakery from NASA's site in the original high-rez and high-bit depth, and ELA it.
I wish you would. That would be huge. :)
I could do so, if I could obtain the exact algorithm used by the ELA web site. Photoshop has a generic filter-building filter that is precisely designed so that a person can custom-craft something just like this. I will experiment and get back to you - after all the point here is to *reliably* detect fakery!

I'm not saying that the ELA is always totally useless, but if an image is compressed, it will tend to show some of the pretty colors in the ELA, and as compression rate increases so do the pretty colors. Do not take my criticism of ELA as some sort of assertion that fakery is not rampant - I know it is!

*EDIT: Just so you know, I edited my previous posts to more accurately reflect my views, and I tagged my edits with a couple of asterisks so you can tell what I edited. I do not think it changes my viewpoint, but clarifies my thoughts.*
lux

Unread post by lux »

Well, I don't know about pretty colors or blockiness being proof of anything and I don't recall ever saying anything like that.

But, I do think the fotoforensics.com site's ELA can be useful with some images if one understands the site's documentation.
Sukiari

Unread post by Sukiari »

lux wrote:Well, I don't know about pretty colors or blockiness being proof of anything and I don't recall ever saying anything like that.

But, I do think the fotoforensics.com site's ELA can be useful with some images if one understands the site's documentation.
Perhaps. I remain skeptical - this is my best mental tool for 'keeping it real.' Unfortunately there is really no reliable way to tell post-facto how much compression has been applied to a JPG or PNG, aside from comparing it with an original. There is no EXIF tag that lets us know how deep the compression is unfortunately.

I just want to put my thought out there, that ELA *may* sometimes be useful, but it is no authority on fakery - reading the site I can not find out what particular transforms they even use. Transparency from them would help me tremendously.

I am sorry if I implicated that you claimed something that you didn't - I know there are a few posters here that use ELA to 'prove' things of which I am skeptical. Let my apology stand - I am as interested in discovering fakery as anybody. Hoi Palloi has shown fakery by appealing to the eye instead of using an opaque algorithm, which is very useful as you can *SEE* the bullshit.
Sukiari

Unread post by Sukiari »

simonshack wrote:*

More space travel Monkey Business - this time attributed to the "Iran Space Program". I will just post this here - on this "Miscellaneous NASA comedies" thread - since the ongoing Space Hoax seems to have no boundaries - and is not limited to the American NASA circus.

"Did Iran fake launching a monkey into space and back? "

"Critics believe Iran's successful launch of a monkey into space last week could have been faked. Scientists in Tehran hailed the mission to send a simian 75 miles above Earth and back in a Kavoshgar rocket as a success on Monday. But question marks have been raised after the monkey presented to the nation as the heroic astronaut looked remarkably different than the one which made lift off."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Jjczsqhw

The sheer idiocy of these space tales is becoming more evident by the day. The space industry is an INTERNATIONAL hoax.
With all due respect for monkeys, I would say that only simian-headed humans can still believe in these inane fables.
He has the same thousand-yard stare that the Apollo 11 astro-nots had during their hilarious post-landing press briefing. Maybe he was reconsidering his national security oath?
Sukiari

Unread post by Sukiari »

brianv wrote:Image

That water-tower? is remarkably like an old russian transisitor. Image
nick-named "UFO's". Is the tower meant as a subliminal?

What is the need for water-tower on a launch pad? To fill the rocket? To put out a liquid fuel fire?
Their story is that water is put into this big area below where the rocket fires, to dissipate heat. However I can attest to seeing these exact towers all over the USA - they seem to be a standardized design - in my travels.

I hope for all the billions they steal they can afford a few water towers.
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

NASA suspends cooperation with Russia on Crimea
NASA associate administrator Michael O’Brien said in a memo sent Wednesday that all missions with Russia’s Roscosmos are on hold indefinitely, UPI reports.

“This suspension includes NASA travel to Russia and visits by Russian Government representatives to NASA facilities, bilateral meetings, email, and teleconferences or videoconferences,” O’Brien wrote. “At the present time, only operational International Space Station activities have been excepted.”
O’Brien added that “multilateral meetings held outside of Russia that may include Russian participation are not precluded under the present guidance.”

Three Russians, two Americans, and one Japanese astronaut are onboard the International Space Station (ISS).

Last week, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said he did not believe Russia would curtail American access to the ISS, despite geopolitical tensions. Russian launch vehicles have transported American astronauts to the station since NASA stopped its Space Shuttle program, though Bolden insisted that Russia is just as dependent on the US to run the ISS.

Despite Bolden’s assurances, some in Congress are worried that Ukraine-inspired animosity could affect NASA’s operations in space. Bolden attempted to leverage those concerns by asking Congress to fund development of the Commercial Carrier Program, according to UPI. The program, with adequate funding, could launch astronauts from the US by 2017.

"Right now, everything is normal in our relationship with the Russians," Bolden said in early March. "I think people lose track of the fact that we have occupied the International Space Station now for 13 consecutive years uninterrupted, and that has been through multiple international crises."

Scott Pace, space policy director at George Washington University, said it was noteworthy that co-operation on the space station remained intact.

"We and the Russians have a very deep and integrated relationship. We are reliant on them as they are on us," he said. "Divorce is not an option."

Pace said there would probably be disruptions for NASA scientists who trade data or work on experiments with Russian researchers.

NTJ/NJF
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

CitronBleu, what do you make of this? Any comment?
lux

Unread post by lux »

My take ...

Problem:
There is a logical conflict between the current Ukraine psy-op which implies hostility between the USA and Russian and the ISS psy-op which implies friendly relations between them.

Solution:
Tell them that although there is hostility between the USA and Russia in one sense, we are still the best of friends in another sense thus keeping both psy-ops alive in the minds of the public. The fact that this is completely illogical will never be noticed.
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

I've long suspected a kind of 'layer' in the psy-fi indicating the superior moral order of the corporates and sicientypes. Able to stand above short term, 'reptilian' brain conflict response, looking ahead to the good of the 'insectoid' hive, and the only mind it ever really had or needed. Straddling moral and ethical lines or framing it as a gradient, like the superiors 'greys,' while others bicker over resources or meaning like little disposable smart-monkeys.
lux

Unread post by lux »

NASA claims that the "Kepler Space Telescope" has discovered an Earth-like planet 500 light years away.

NASA says that Kepler can discover planets by measuring the dip in light emissions from the stars they orbit. A brief explanation of how this is allegedly done is located here.

I find this explanation of the planet finding method to be dubious but even if there were such a space telescope and even if it could find planets in this way, what possible benefit to humankind would result from finding a planet 500 light years (3,000 trillion miles) away from Earth? :blink:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

OF CHIMPS AND MEN

"ENOS THE CHIMP - first American to orbit Earth":

"Enos's flight was a full dress rehearsal for the next Mercury launch on February 20, 1962, which would make Lt. Colonel John Glenn the first American to orbit the Earth." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enos_the_Chimp

"JOHN GLENN : Second American to Orbit Earth"

On February 20, 1962 - as the story goes - John Glenn orbited Earth three times in his Mercury-Atlas 6 NASA spacecraft (aka "FRIENDSHIP 7"):
"After the successful completion of the Mercury 5 flight that carried Enos, a chimpanzee, in late November 1961, a press conference was held in early December. Reporters asked NASA's Robert Gilruth who would be the first U.S. astronaut in orbit, piloting Mercury 6. He then announced the team members for the next two Mercury missions. John H. Glenn was selected as prime pilot for the first mission (Mercury 6)."
source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-Atlas_6
THIS is what was shown on CBS on February 20, 1962 ("John Glenn taking off in Mercury 6"):
source. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVB5dg7XX_g

Now - believe it or not <_< - but the two below images are MEANT to depict the very same event...
source of above High-Def Image: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Launc ... 000686.jpg

One has to wonder whether chimps might have done a better job fabricating this NASA imagery.

Yet, some people still ask me: "If they fabricated the 9/11 imagery, why didn't they do a better job of it ???"
Well, what can I say? Ask a chimp !

The Hollywool-propaganda movie made about John Glenn's "historical flight" - which fooled the entire world :

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLSLgrcEoyQ
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

For reference, have a look at any still from Lawrence of Arabia, also shot in 1962, for a look at what the technology of the time was capable of in terms of clarity. Granted, we are only talking about sending someone into space for the first time, as opposed to a movie. It's not like they would want to make a production out of it. Obviously.
lux

Unread post by lux »

NASA tells us the LADEE Mission "spacecraft" crashed into the moon on April 17th as described here.

Unfortuneately, this happened on the far side of the Moon so no one could see or photograph this event and ...
During impact, engineers believe the LADEE spacecraft, the size of a vending machine, broke apart, with most of the spacecraft’s material heating up several hundred degrees – or even vaporizing – at the surface. Any material that remained is likely buried in shallow craters.
So, like 9/11 Flight 93, Osama bin Laden's body and the original Apollo 11 tapes, the physical evidence of the existence of LADEE has conveniently vanished, never to be seen again.
scud

Unread post by scud »

Re: “OF CHIMPS AND MEN.”

On listening to Simon’s YT link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLSLgrcEoyQ the narrator says from 35.26 on..

“For John Glenn, familiar time references for Earth no longer apply. For he journeys around our world in just 88 minutes, out-racing the Sun which needs 24 hours to circle the same globe.”

For what is obviously a carefully pre-planned script complete with ridiculous drama about ‘Friendship 7s’ heat shield somehow coming ‘loose’ I find this a particularly odd cock up as the ‘space programme’ nonsense is, I’m sure, not just about the money but also ‘final poof’ that the universe is structured the way ‘they’ say it is.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Last December a contest to win a “trip into space” was sponsored by a men's body deodorant manufacturer (huh?) and 23 people were allegedly awarded the prize. As described here
...more than 100 participants from over 60 countries around the world have taken part in mental aptitude tests, combat training in a fighter jet and zero-gravity flights to distinguish themselves as the most worthy of one for one of the coveted tickets to space with Space Expedition Corporation under a project by the makers of Axe Apollo body spray.
Now it seems a number of other corporations are simultaneously offering the same prize to the public but without the grueling physical tests. I guess it doesn't really matter what kind of shape the winner is in since it's all fake anyway.

Our old hoaxer friend Richard Branson being one of them ...

http://tweentribune.com/junior/do-you-w ... trip-space

Perhaps the space ship he's holding in his hand in the above photo will be the actual vehicle they plan to use?

But, a number of other "space trip" contests have simultaneously sprung up as can be seen here

Funny that all these contests are springing up at the same time. Hmmm ... wonder why.

But, anyway, I anxiously await the reports of the winners' space adventures!