X-37B 'Secret' Space Plane

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
icarusinbound

X-37B 'Secret' Space Plane

Unread post by icarusinbound »

I hadn't heard of this before- the X-37B, a USAF unmanned slimmed-down 'shuttle lite', and can't see any mention of it anywhere on the forum.

Has anyone else noticed anything in the news/web about it before? Odd that this had such a low-profile launch (unless I just missed it completely). Yet the programme has meant to have been running since 2010.

http://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10012609-2.html
http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... 1a3.266159

Photo by: U.S. Air Force photo/Michael Stonecypher
June 16, 2012 12:55 PM PDT Jonathan Skillings wrote: There's a sort of "X Files" or "Fringe" feel to this photo, as technicians in self-contained protective suits close in on the X-37B for initial checks on that December 2010 night. The space plane bears a striking resemblance to the much larger space shuttles, and for a reason -- they share a common heritage in NASA's work on lifting-body vehicles. In fact, the X-37 initially was a NASA project that ran from 1999 through 2004, though the space agency never got as far as building that orbital vehicle. The Air Force and Boeing picked up where NASA left off to build the X-37B.

While there has been much speculation about what sort of a payload the X-37B might be carrying, on what sort of mission -- spying on China from on high? tinkering with satellites, friendly or otherwise? -- it may well be that these are little more than shakedown cruises. The Air Force does allow that program involves testing of guidance systems, avionics, autonomous flight and landing, and so on, along with the operation of unspecified experiments. Of course, there could be some mind games thrown in for good measure.
There's a whole sequence of decidedly-odd pictures and stories posted about this X-37B, including that one was allegedly orbiting the earth for 7 months before landing. Seriously? Why wasn't this trumpeted as a huge achievement by the establishment? A supposedly-reusable shuttle-style craft on the purportedly longest-ever 'spaceflight'. Any awareness?

Secretive X-37B space plane ends 7-month orbit
Air Force launches second mysterious space plane
Heiwa
Banned

Re: X-37B 'Secret' Space Plane

Unread post by Heiwa »

The white clowns in space suits in the foreground looks like ... clowns. :blink: Black boots! :P No style! :rolleyes:
DeeJay

US Military's Secretive Robot Space Plane Mission

Unread post by DeeJay »

Do we know about this one? I haven't read about it before...
http://news.yahoo.com/us-militarys-secr ... 11120.html

The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane has quietly passed the five-month mark on its latest secret mission in Earth orbit.

The unmanned X-37B spacecraft launched into space atop an Atlas 5 rocket from Florida’s Cape Canaveral Air Force Station on Dec. 11, 2012, kicking off a mission whose objectives and payloads are classified.

The winged craft is known as Orbital Test Vehicle-3 (OTV-3), since it is conducting the third mission of the Air Force's X-37B program. [Photos: U.S. Military's X-37B Space Plane]

Watch and wait

What OTV-3 is up to on its confidential cruise remains unknown. However, a network of vigilant skywatchers is monitoring the mission as it progresses.
DeeJay
brianv

Re: US Military's Secretive Robot Space Plane Mission

Unread post by brianv »

Flush this garbage!
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

brianv wrote:Flush this garbage!
I would flush it straight away, Brian - but I'll leave it up for a day or two, just to show everyone how awfully pathetic these little "mystery nuggets" fed to the public are. Just read these lines:

"The unmanned X-37B spacecraft (...) launched on Dec. 11, 2012, kicking off a mission whose objectives and payloads are classified."

"What OTV-3 is up to on its confidential cruise remains unknown. However, a network of vigilant skywatchers is monitoring the mission as it progresses."

It's all silly fodder for 'conspiracy-theorists'. They've been caught with their pants down, faking space travel altogether - so all they can do now is to keep the sheeple enthralled with crap-old 'James Bond' plots and mysteries...
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Previous post on this:

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1484

Includes various intriguing pictures, all presumably intended to dazzle the beholder. I still remain puzzled by the relatively low-key way in which this has been covered by the MSM. The technical challenges purported to have been overcome, the flight endurance, I wonder why hasn't this been trumpeted more, in conventional opiate form?