RedBull SpaceDive

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
lux

Re: RedBull SpaceDive

Unread post by lux »

Welcome, Nasaspotlight

Is this the commercial you mentioned?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wprD1zFl364
Nasaspotlight

Unread post by Nasaspotlight »

Yes sir, you nailed it! I was going from memory and I apologize I can’t access you tube when I’m at work to search and/or post the direct video. Thank you.
totalrecall

Unread post by totalrecall »

rusty wrote:
Heiwa wrote:

The principle is the very same which is used for weather balloons, which can go up to altitudes of about 30km before they burst. Nothing extraordinary about that, except for the sheer size of the Red Bull balloon.
Heiwa wrote: In order for the balloon not to fly away it is held back to ground, one way or another, with a holding back force of 10 000 N. The RedBull capsule hangs in the crane, left. Capsule is connected to the balloon via a wire on the ground.
And finally the balloon is released ... and it hardly lifts the wire on the ground. :unsure:
But a little later the balloon lift force is transmitted to the capsule and the combined balloon/capsule with a positive lift force >1 N flies away.
What do you mean "it hardly lifts the wire on the ground"??? When the balloon is released, it instantly lifts its own weight and anything that hangs on it, just as you'd expect it.
Honestly, I can't see anything suspicious about this sequence. This does not necessarily mean that the balloon is 100% real, though I suppose it could be.

I agree, however, that the whole thing has the "fakery" flavor all over it. It is certainly a staged media event without many "live" spectators. My best guess is, that the balloon and the capsule are real (though maybe not as heavy as claimed), but Felix was not inside, nor was it really corroborated that the capsule reached 39km height and someone/something was dropped from it. The "jump" video is almost certainly CGI. Felix probably jumped from the helicopter/plane or the parachute/landing sequence was recorded entirely at another time and place.

On a side note, I want to draw your attention to amateur videos (at least we should assume they are genuine before we can prove otherwise) who sent cameras to the stratosphere using weather balloons or rockets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQwLmGR6bPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_00eZtsuJ9M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwimocU0IIc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQw_C5KLhFM
...plus some more you'll find in the related videos. It should be quite simple and affordable for anyone here to build something like this on your own.

The interesting thing about them is how it looks like to be in the stratosphere...pitch black sky, no stars that could be captured on video camera, even before sunrise (video cameras simply don't grab that much light). In two of the videos there was an object in the sky that supposedly is the moon...what's strange is the size of the moon (too small in my opinion) and the position (always just above the horizon). Not sure there's something about it, but I think these videos are worth pondering. Has this already been discussed anywhere in this forum?

rusty
I have written about this in another space fakery thread here on the forum. I didn't see your post here first, but glad that I have read it now and that i am not alone in noticing this.

I thought there was nothing up there except the sun, but it seems the moon mirage may very occasionally go a little higher than 30km in the atmosphere, but not much as it was bang on the horizon as viewed by the camera.

As you have already pointed out, the only defense to the argument that the moon, stars and planets are mere atmospheric phenomenon is that the cameras aren't light sensitive enough when contrasting with the bright sky.

This can be put to bed once and for all by flying a balloon at night. If it is possible to position the camera at 45 degrees permanently looking up we may even get a rough altitude reading as to when the stars disappear and so perhaps add a clue as to what stars really could be. Assuming we could sync the video with an air pressure altimeter concisely enough and that there was a stopwatch connected to the altimeter. I saw standard kits (sans video camera, obviously) online for about $150.

I also saw something called a micro radar altimeter which is extremely accurate and a website said was affordable, but one man's affordable is another man's fortune.

I also looked into using an automatic parachute deployment device, but these cost about $1500. This was to measure free fall speed and see if my theory is correct that gravity gets stronger the higher the altitude, irrespective of reduced air pressure, which a tiny bit of sparse data has initially led me to believe.
sublimity

Unread post by sublimity »

Nasaspotlight wrote:....I wonder if TPTB force these rogue companies/people (the companies/people that gain mass appeal at or close to their onset by challenging TPTB in a "wink-wink" kind of way) to participate in hoaxes like this as a sort of retribution for their earlier “mistake” of challenging the status quo?
I don't think a company as internationally prevalent as Red Bull was ever not in on the hoax. If anything, I'd say that the commercial in question (that lux nicely linked to), is a cutesy, but convenient excuse to help cover for NASA's fakery.
Nasaspotlight

Unread post by Nasaspotlight »

sublimity wrote: I don't think a company as internationally prevalent as Red Bull was ever not in on the hoax. If anything, I'd say that the commercial in question (that lux nicely linked to), is a cutesy, but convenient excuse to help cover for NASA's fakery.
I tend to agree in a limited scope; however, (without derailing this thread too much) how does that explain a guy like Seth Macfarlane (creator of Family Guy cartoon) writing jokes about the moon landing fraud early in the show’s cycle, then in the later years making similar jokes about the moon landing but now from the perspective of it actually happening? Additionally, I don’t know if this is related but I caught him (Seth Mac) on Larry King one night a few years back and he was telling this tall tale about how he had a ticket to one of those “flights” from 9-11 and just happened to oversleep that morning. I probably caught that interview in 2010 or so, and I feel like that is his penance for spreading truth earlier in his career and I also feel these are the types of actions one must agree to, to become part of the elite, or 1% or whatever you want to call it. Either push forward agendas or murder someone important to you (jennifer Hudson, that actress from big bang theory who potentially had John Ritter killed [on 9-11 no less], Liam Neeson, Courtney Love, Cher..the list goes on and on).

Now you have me wondering about how red bull actually started and by whom, time to google.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

If anyone cares, Seth MacFarlane discusses how he overslept and missed his 9/11 flight in this Howard Stern interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnRlDh6DmS4
sublimity

Unread post by sublimity »

anonjedi2 wrote:If anyone cares, Seth MacFarlane discusses how he overslept and missed his 9/11 flight in this Howard Stern interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnRlDh6DmS4
This has been posted by Simon and others before.

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2373275
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

Is this more Red Bull Shit?

WATCH: Daredevil Russian the first person to BASE jump off Everest

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/internatio ... CI7KFBvuqL
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

^ Hear how much wind noise there is just before the Russian jumps.
Notice how the Russian's squirrel suit is not fluttering in this powerful sounding wind before the jump.
In fact, the wind sounds like it is blowing 40 to 60 MPH, yet doesn't seem to have any effect at all on the diver during the dive.
Looks like more RedBullShit
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Oh Red Bull...shite...will they Ever...rest...?

Added the question mark. I can handle soup nazis but the punctuation ones? They scare the shite out of me!
DeeJay

Re: LIVE NOW - man leaps from edge of space

Unread post by DeeJay »

reichstag fireman wrote:The fake freefall video is too boring for words* so please tell us a bit about yourself, [email protected] , to help overcome the stultifying boredom of processing the 4210 video frames of mindless garbage.

"Leap" (frames #1473-#1689)

"Freefall" (frames #1690-#2191)

Initially I thought the fuzzy "freefall" frames (#1690-#2191) were faked with a bit of paper on the end of some cotton.

Now though, it looks like it's just a torch beam in a darkened room. Absolutely pathetic! :lol:
My name on this site is DeeJay. That you want my email address to explain itself, that I can do but only to Simon. I am not interested in explaining myself to anyone else. I just came here, on this specific man-leaping site, to see what else has been posted and was surprised to see that I am a "suspicious" person.
Some people are just ignorant/unbelieving about government controlled/generated events. I am very glad that I have landed on this site because it has really opened my eyes... And even if I cannot contribute valuable scientific input, I can at least post links sometimes and I have even thought that I was able to ask questions about what I didn't understand.
It is disappointing to discover that asking questions is not only akin to being anti-CF but also being a dumb-ass not worthy of replying to.
If I not able to ask questions here, where will I ever be?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

We haven't heard from reichstag fireman for a while, and he has been too aggressive for some at times. If you were insulted I'd let it slide this time, DeeJay.

Did you get a chance to read the calculations in this thread for why the dive should not be physically possible, and therefore is likely another PsyOp?
DeeJay

Unread post by DeeJay »

hoi.polloi wrote:We haven't heard from reichstag fireman for a while, and he has been too aggressive for some at times. If you were insulted I'd let it slide this time, DeeJay.

Did you get a chance to read the calculations in this thread for why the dive should not be physically possible, and therefore is likely another PsyOp?
Dear Hoi,
I thank you very much for your reply. I haven't been able to respond till now as my father was suddenly hospitalised. He's ok now and after some much-needed sleep, I will get back to the "Leap"...
My objection was not so much to do with hurt feelings as to being a non-scientific person coming to this site with genuine but perhaps dumb questions.
I understand that this is a serious site and not a "general information dispenser" yet I come here because it is the only site that I have found that challenges the "reality" around us and I am very appreciative of the time and effort put in by everyone in deconstructing and explaining events. I've had many wow moments where my gullibility has taken a knock and I hope to keep learning.
Thank you again.
DeeJay
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

They just released the helmet cam of the alleged space jump. The first question that comes to mind is ... why the delay? <_<

http://www.shockmansion.com/2013/10/15/ ... rom-space/
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

As the alleged space dive started 38 kilometers above Earth having radius about 6 372 kilometers, you should be able to sea Earth 38 kilometers below as a flat plate with radius about 700 kilometers obstructing about 168° of the view. The horizon is about 700 kilometers away. The remaining 192° of view should be space. :rolleyes:
If you see something else, you are not 38 kilometers above Earth.

If, on the other hand, you claim that you are on the ISS at 400 kilometers altitude, Earth will appear as a flat plate with radius about 2 300 kilometers below you occupying 140° of your view. The horizon is thus 2 300 kilometers away. The remaining 220° of your view is space.