Neil Armstrong passed away.

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
icarusinbound

Re: Neil Armstrong passed away.

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Libero wrote:
I wonder if the guy with his back to us can hear better out of his larger left ear.
HEAR here!

The shadows throughout this whole sequence of shots worry me...I'm having to look at them in more detail.

Incidently, the naval officer that's assisting Mrs Armstrong doesn't have a shooped foot (though it had me going for a while...) It's just depicted as being hidden by an angle upright.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Seems to be a popular way of getring rid of their outdated hoaxes, first Osama now Neil. Fish food! I hope their DNA doesn't meet up somewhere and spawn a new breed of flying terrorist zombie shark type thing.

Shouldn't he have been buried at Arlington or somehwere like that? Any bets on a memorial at the unspeakable in Noo Yoik?
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

icarusinbound wrote:
Libero wrote:
I wonder if the guy with his back to us can hear better out of his larger left ear.
HEAR here!

The shadows throughout this whole sequence of shots worry me...I'm having to look at them in more detail.

Incidently, the naval officer that's assisting Mrs Armstrong doesn't have a shooped foot (though it had me going for a while...) It's just depicted as being hidden by an angle upright.

Icarusinbound,

Many thanks.. you inspired me to search for an upgrade to my bag of sleuthing tools. Those pixels were becoming annoying.

Looks like that metal thing in the background surrounding the urn may be the gratuitous 'Halo'? Things aren't so transparent when the photo is taken from outside the ship.

Last edited by Libero on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Close-up of foot:

Looks shooped to me.
icarusinbound

Uncertain, especially in better-res closeup...but it's the main shadows elsewhere that are still giving me concerns...more detail later

And Libero:
Things aren't so transparent when the photo is taken from outside the ship

Please would you explain what you mean by this, I'm intrigued
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

icarusinbound wrote:Image

Uncertain, especially in better-res closeup...but it's the main shadows elsewhere that are still giving me concerns...more detail later

And Libero:
Things aren't so transparent when the photo is taken from outside the ship

Please would you explain what you mean by this, I'm intrigued
Icarus,

I had to go to a 3rd picture to see that my determination is either likely wrong or inconclusive on that one. I originally imagined that the hole (In Naval terms called the chock?) was much larger from the Urn scene and that some of the shadows or sunlight should have bled through to the other side.

Regarding the most recent picture that you sent and the detail it provides, I am more convinced now that the representation is of an angled piece of metal (attached to the lighter colored hook) blocking the tip of his shoe. That is some impressive software you have to show such detail!

One funny thing to note.. When I was looking to see if any other more official pictures existed of this ship, the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58), I happened upon the official facebook page and could not help but notice a most apropos term on their front page to sum up the entire event. Here's what is says :)

Government Organization
This is the official Facebook home for the USS Philippine Sea(CG-58) Remember, Loose Lips Sink Ships!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/USS-PHILI ... 3877244529
Last edited by Libero on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icarusinbound

Libero wrote: I had to go to a 3rd picture to see that my determination is either likely wrong or inconclusive on that one. I originally imagined that the hole (I imagine in Naval terms called the chock?) was much larger from the Urn scene and that some of the shadows or sunlight should have bled through to the other side.
Understood. The shadows are just so all over the place.
Libero wrote:One funny thing to note.. When I was looking to see if any other more official pictures existed of this ship, the USS Philippine Sea (CG 58)
I'm considering doing some sun angle projections, as my gut feeling is that the 'LEM' silhouette (shadow of the safety rail on the missile deck) is shown as being too far towards the stern in comparison with the style of the rest of the shadows. It should be possible to do some basic trig to check that, based out of this Ticonderoga-class elevation (shown below as a composite)

There's also significant sundial time info from all the legs, I believe, if anyone maybe wanted to track the passage (or otherwise) of the time taken for the ceremony to run.
Libero wrote:I happened upon the official facebook page and could not help but notice a most apropos term on their front page to sum up the entire event. Here's what is says :)

Government Organization
This is the official Facebook home for the USS Philippine Sea(CG-58) Remember, Loose Lips Sink Ships!
It's a WW2 classic Royal Navy phrase: perhaps extra-appropriate here
lux

Unread post by lux »

Now that I see this better quality enlargement it no longer looks to me like his foot was shopped. It looks like there is simply some sheet metal of a similar color to the deck covering the end of his shoe.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a