MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Re: MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

Unread post by reel.deal »

interesting design on the 'HOVERCRANE' TM; must have been a real
pain-in-the-ass headache goin' against every last principle of the
uber-successful Apollo LEM moonlander single jet.

so what that 'HOVERCRANE' TM had to drop Curiosity off from directly below ?

the 4-way jet ballast system as designed by Hawker-Siddeley in 1957
that stabilised the vertical liftoff & landing of the jump-jet
NA$A had previously totally rejected as ridiculously inappropriate.

Design work on the P.1127 was formally started in 1957... Rather than using rotors or
a direct jet thrust, the P.1127 had an innovative vectored thrust turbofan engine, the Pegasus.
The Pegasus I was rated at 9,000 pounds (4.1 kN) of thrust and first ran in September 1959.[8]
A contract for two development prototypes was signed in June 1960 and the first flight
followed in October 1960

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker_Siddeley_Harrier

How the Harrier hovers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfbHMxnlbfI

Image :huh: :blink: :o

:P
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

illusion42 wrote:Wait...WHAT THE...???

Can't tell whether this is a joke or being serious.

EXPLOSIVE NEW EVIDENCE PROVES MARS LANDING IS A HOAX!

SHOCKING NEW PHOTOS LEAKED!! Production crew prepare to film “Mars Landing” in the Nevada desert.

http://thedailytrash.wordpress.com/2012 ... x-is-real/

:blink:
The Daily Trash is satire, mate ;)
About Us
From the producers of the internationally renowned and highly successful “Gutter Trash” comes the sensational new publication – “The Daily Trash.”

The Daily Trash is Australia’s least reliable source of cutting edge news, politics and current affairs.

From our prestigious headquarters at the “Paris end” of Collins Street, Melbourne, and with the extensive resources of the Daily Trash team of “exclusive international correspondents” we’re uniquely equipped to bring Australia and “The World” the standard of quality news wire service it so richly deserves.

Disclaimer
The contents of this blog are entirely fictional (and often ridiculous), and intended for entertainment purposes only.
Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental, even if they have the same names and are exactly alike in every respect except for a potentially defamatory one.

Opinions expressed on the blog do not in any binding sense represent the views of any individual or organisation, or the views of the author himself, even when he says that they do.

Links to external sites should not be taken as endorsement of their content or views. The fact that this site is written in English is not intended to be construed as an insult to other world languages, all of which the author respects greatly, even the stupid ones that are bound to die out within a generation or two.
:lol:
illusion42

Unread post by illusion42 »

Maat wrote:
illusion42 wrote:Wait...WHAT THE...???

Can't tell whether this is a joke or being serious.

EXPLOSIVE NEW EVIDENCE PROVES MARS LANDING IS A HOAX!

SHOCKING NEW PHOTOS LEAKED!! Production crew prepare to film “Mars Landing” in the Nevada desert.

http://thedailytrash.wordpress.com/2012 ... x-is-real/

The Daily Trash is satire, mate ;)
About Us
From the producers of the internationally renowned and highly successful “Gutter Trash” comes the sensational new publication – “The Daily Trash.”

The Daily Trash is Australia’s least reliable source of cutting edge news, politics and current affairs.

From our prestigious headquarters at the “Paris end” of Collins Street, Melbourne, and with the extensive resources of the Daily Trash team of “exclusive international correspondents” we’re uniquely equipped to bring Australia and “The World” the standard of quality news wire service it so richly deserves.

Disclaimer
The contents of this blog are entirely fictional (and often ridiculous), and intended for entertainment purposes only.
Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental, even if they have the same names and are exactly alike in every respect except for a potentially defamatory one.

Opinions expressed on the blog do not in any binding sense represent the views of any individual or organisation, or the views of the author himself, even when he says that they do.

Links to external sites should not be taken as endorsement of their content or views. The fact that this site is written in English is not intended to be construed as an insult to other world languages, all of which the author respects greatly, even the stupid ones that are bound to die out within a generation or two.
My bad. :(

Damn sheeple! :angry: <_< :D

Anyways, found some interesting videos exposing the Mars Curiosity hoax:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9oFlPkkNsU

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oa8yJXh9Qo

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIVfRQVFYE
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Curiosity can Hazcam Thumbnails

Unread post by reel.deal »

rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

GDL forum has a lot of funny and insightful comments on 3 pages
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 957892/pg1
VivekAnand

Unread post by VivekAnand »

New mission to Red Planet gets green light
JPL's InSight lander will explore how Mars and other rocky planets were formed in the early days of the solar system.

It seems like they know the half life of current fakery added to the daily increase in CGI horsepower means keep adding to the sand pile of deception, faster and faster.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la- ... 5467.story

I'm up for their surely, shortly to be announced Manned Mars Mission (they already planted the conspiracy theory with that movie whose name I forget, basically Apollo style fakery for a martian mission), so I can discuss the details of Jovian Joviality over Martian Martinis in 0 G's with Richard Hoagland.

InSight, In-deed...

^_^

Edit: What are those two objects, Fluffy and Popo the robodogs on leashes? And will InSight Hop to move?
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

NASA still trying to get a rocket propelled craft to land, and take off again, over 40 years after the Apollo Lunar Module did just that, not only once, but 6 times over without a single hitch, and a quarter of a million miles from Earth. Tell you what NASA, you made yourselves a worldwide laughing stock with your fake Moon landings, but now you are feeding the same BS to the media about landing robotic probes on Mars.

If you can't get it right here on Earth, how the hell can you get it right millions of miles away on some other planet?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r_lcGBdPPw

The video maker's website: http://apolloreality.atspace.co.uk/
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Just for the record:

If anyone has any doubts that this pathetic MORPHEUS FLIGHT TEST video might be some kind of non-NASA hoax, please know that NASA has it on its official website - in their video section. Only problem is, they won't let me link you to the exact video. Right now, I can only tell you to go to the below link - and go to PAGE3 of their video gallery. You'll find the full "Morpheus Flight Test" there:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html

However, the comment section to that pathetic MORPHEUS FLIGHT TEST video has a direct link:
http://comments-submit.nasa.gov/comment ... =245528779

My favorite comment there - about the MORPHEUS fiasco is:
On Aug 10, 2012 1:20 PM Gilad Fridman wrote:

"Next vehicle should be called NEO , this will do the trick."
<_<
simonshack
Administrator

CURIOUSITY LIFT-OFF - yet another CGI disaster

Dear all,

Let us take a look at the imagery of the launch of the ATLAS V rocket which allegedly brought the Mars Curiosity Rover up in orbit - on November 26, 2001 at 10:02 a.m. EST (according to NASA). http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/launch/

Here, we see the ATLAS rocket (containing the Curiosity Rover, lol) being rolled out to its launch pad. Note that the mid section of the rocket is greyish. It certainly is NOT WHITE - as the rest of the rocket. Agreed ?

Now, here's an image of the lift off - and we see that the mid section is now completely WHITE.
Ok, so perhaps someone climbed up on a big ladder and painted that section in the timeline between these two images?

Well, the problem is that - on the VIDEOS of that very same launch, the mid section returns to its original greyish tone.
The below image is extracted from the official launch video - approximately 16 seconds after lift off:

Here we have another shot, with the rocket now flying (in a black sky - at 10 a.m.???) - again with a greyish mid section:

Ok - so much for the hues and color tones. I know full well there are many clowns out there who'll say that it's "all due to a question of white balance / lighting / different cameras" - or some silliness to that tune. So let's get on.

Here we have two more spectacular images of the alleged launch. As you will see, they appear to have been snapped at pretty much the exact same moment in time - albeit from slightly different angles. Hmm...does that ring a bell? Wait... could it possibly be that the folks who crafted the countless, slightly rotated (yet in synchronous time frames) WTC collapse images of 9/11 - are the very same who are behind these NASA hoaxes? Hmmm... I think it is worth a good, serious thought :

As you may have noticed, image A features some wires at the top of the "photo".
Let us take a closer look at the upper sections of A and B :

That's right: there are NO wires whatsoever to be seen in image B. Strange, huh?

Just take the time to watch the whole launch video. You'll soon realize it's just a cartoon. I trust that, if you are familiar with the horrid "Space Shuttle launch" videos, you'll see that they are 'built' with the same animation template. No matter if a NASA rocket puts a Space Shuttle in orbit - or sends a rocket up to Mars, you'll always get the same camera angles and trajectories - the same absurd 'blackening' of the sky (after a few seconds of flight) and the same cartoonish "on-board camera" imagery! By all means, you are all welcome to BELIEVE in these NASA images. It's all up to you.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBg4DvHI6c

For laughing out loud... :lol: WHAT exactly is THIS supposed to be? (at 3:41 into above video)

So here is what it comes down to: is there any sense in debating this umpteenth NASA hoax - what with parachute decelerations and whatnot - knowing that the very launch/lift off imagery of the "Curiosity Rover mission" is utterly phony?
rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

Simon
So here is what it comes down to: is there any sense in debating this umpteenth NASA hoax - what with parachute decelerations and whatnot - knowing that the very launch/lift off imagery of the "Curiosity Rover mission" is utterly phony?
Real nice work on the photos of the rocket, Simon. Thanks. I take umbrage at the above comment however, despite your collegial politeness in not naming me. "Whatnot"? Decelerations are "whatnot"? I'll have you know that my question about deceleration before parachuting on the JPL youtube site itself remains THE top rated question with 26 thumbs up. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zervvVw2dnU&feature=plcp

Whatnot my eye. I love your work but geez. Whatnot. That hurt.
lux

Unread post by lux »

"whatnot" doesn't appear to be a derogatory term to me.

whatnot
noun
something or anything of the same or similar kind: sheets, pillowcases, towels, napkins, and whatnot.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whatnot?s=t
simonshack
Administrator

rick55 wrote:I'll have you know that my question about deceleration before parachuting on the JPL youtube site itself remains THE top rated question with 26 thumbs up. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zervvVw2dnU&feature=plcp
Dear Rick,

I love the tongue-in-cheek reply you got from YT user "aybesea" :
"Just cos your tax dollars paid for this animation doesn't give you the right to come in here and politely ask for information that is yours by right. Sounds like you didn't drink the kool aid and can see the emperor aint wearin no clothes... well, WHOOPEE! Has it ever crossed your mind that the people here may actually enjoy watching naked emperors getting all zero-g on each other? Go back to your real world full of real people and real events and leave us alone in our wretchedness, arsehole."
You shouldn't take offense to that comment, Rick - anymore than you should take umbrage to me expressing my legitimate doubts concerning your hopes of exposing NASA's lies through figures and calculations. Just to show you what sort of mind-numbing debates such an approach attracts, please check out this thread at Godlike productions - featuring a guy signing himself 'engineer' (user ID 694654)who initially (earlier in the thread) acted like a hardcore NASA skeptic - only to reach the conclusion (following long-winded, 'impressive-looking scientific calculations') that NASA's parachute tale may well be true and legit after all !

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 948366/pg8

Here are Mr. Engineer's final thoughts on the matter... hold on to your chair ! :rolleyes:
'engineer' wrote:
"I firmly believe Apollo was a major hoax, and
curse the 1-2 dozen astronauts that were all too introverted, shy, and feeble
to share their amazing experience with the public who gave them everything
they had in life, but you know, they just wanted their privacy. F-EM! They
disgust me. Despite that, I do think we are on Mars with Curiosity, despite
violently opposing that idea a few days ago, when I first heard of it."
So there you have it - ain't it just marvelous ? We've got a brand new NASA 'doctrine' in the making: We can now freely believe in the Moon Hoax - but keep off those modern Mars landings, you crazy conspiracy nutters ! :P

Rick, I guess you could take on "Mr Engineer" at Godlike Productions and report back whatever progress you may do. But perhaps you may prefer waiting until the folks at the Jet Propulsion Labs supply you with exhaustive data to back up their tall Curiosity tales...

Once again, good luck - and please don't bear grudges against me; I'm sure we're both sharing the same objectives. On my side, I'm doing the best I can - within the confines of my capacities and personal experience. :)

Another priceless comment on that "Where Were You When Curiosity Landed on Mars?" video - by user 2Xyousee :
"where were you when you found out NASA fakes EVERYTHING?"
rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

Rick, I guess you could take on "Mr Engineer" at Godlike Productions and report back whatever progress you may do.
OK, although Heiwa's analysis in this forum, cleaned up a bit, would form the basis for going there.

Heiwa wrote
The Mars Science Laboratory spacecraft thus had an entry-descent-landing (EDL) system (2,401 kg + 390 kg of propellant), and a 899 kg (1,980 lb) mobile rover with an integrated instrument package, total weight 3 690 kg. That weight apparently was approaching Mars at velocity abt. 5 000 m/s due to Mars gravity working on it for a long time and no braking was taking place so the kinetic energy involved was 46.125 GJ (which is quite a lot - 12 812,5 kWh)

Heiwa is using metric numbers and I'll have to change those to accomodate the "flavor" of the American college appetite-- and quite frankly my own. Heiwa is good-- but he could round off a few numbers in favor of arguing order of magnitude rather than strict accuracy. The argument would still work by a longshot. As well, both Haiwa and the engineer are a bit weak on popular writing style-- which is understandable-- they're working numbers. If we write a popular style that explains the numerical dimension at each step, along with graphics, we would have something. Popularizing science was Aasimov's strong suit and it's why he became famous as a non-fiction author as well a fiction writer.

Heiwa provided this chart
What we will show is that the phase from entry, through peak heating, peak deceleration and heading alignment (NASA's words) were impossible given that there was no braking power from 13,000 mph at entry to heading alignment at 900 mph (NASA's given numbers), a reduction in speed of close to 12,000 mph in 4 minutes for a 4 ton vehicle in an atmosphere 1/100 the density of Earth's (despite 1/3 gravity). (NASA's numbers) Even without force calculations (Heiwa's strong suit), we can imagine that braking scenario as pretty hard to imagine because its fairly close to intuitively obvious. This is the achilles heel and you'll note that this is much much simpler than the engineer's parachute calculation. We'll show that NASA's numbers are "internally inconsistent".

It'll be much like Captain Kirk befuddling a master computer in control of a society on an alien planet.
Once Kirk proved to the computer that it, the computer, was internally inconsistent with itself, it self-destructed. Similarly, if I can show NASA's numbers are internally inconsistent with itself, it too-- will simply self-destruct. Anyway, that's my theory.
lux

Unread post by lux »

simonshack wrote: You shouldn't take offense to that comment, Rick - anymore than you should take umbrage to me expressing my legitimate doubts concerning your hopes of exposing NASA's lies through figures and calculations. Just to show you what sort of mind-numbing debates such an approach attracts, please check out this thread at Godlike productions - featuring a guy signing himself 'engineer' (user ID 694654)who initially (earlier in the thread) acted like a hardcore NASA skeptic - only to reach the conclusion (following long-winded, 'impressive-looking scientific calculations') that NASA's parachute tale may well be true and legit after all !

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum ... 948366/pg8

Here are Mr. Engineer's final thoughts on the matter... hold on to your chair ! :rolleyes:
'engineer' wrote:
"I firmly believe Apollo was a major hoax, and
curse the 1-2 dozen astronauts that were all too introverted, shy, and feeble
to share their amazing experience with the public who gave them everything
they had in life, but you know, they just wanted their privacy. F-EM! They
disgust me. Despite that, I do think we are on Mars with Curiosity, despite
violently opposing that idea a few days ago, when I first heard of it."
So there you have it - ain't it just marvelous ? We've got a brand new NASA 'doctrine' in the making: We can now freely believe in the Moon Hoax - but keep off those modern Mars landings, you crazy conspiracy nutters ! :P
This strikes me as quite a significant change of tactics. It's as if they've given up trying to defend the Apollo nonsense.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

I asked Google the simple question “how to decelerate in space” and I got about 664,000 results in 0.29 seconds none of which was an answer. :rolleyes: