MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Re: MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax?

Unread post by reel.deal »

alexsanchez
Banned

Unread post by alexsanchez »

We are engineers and scientists on the Mars Curiosity Rover Mission, Ask us Anything!"
Since there was once water on mars, have you found any crop circles?
rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

Just one more post before I take leave for now-- in the spirit of making fun of NASA-- it occurred to me that if they were going to land a rover on Mars that it ought to have taken the form of a robot that could talk to us and report back. It would also look and act more like a robot... like this one from Lost in Space...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-2otY5NXpI
Unleashed

Unread post by Unleashed »

Dcopymope wrote:
simonshack wrote:
Dcopymope wrote: Ok, the first question Simon Shack should have asked is this, what exactly is it that you, Heiwa, Dmitry
and others you have been debating with do agree upon so that we can go from there? All I'm seeing is a debate that has no end in sight, as you all repeat yourselves in different ways on the same issues concerning NASA's data and so forth.
I'll second that, Dcopymope. :)

I believe that rick55 is currently working on a techno/scientific demonstration of the absurdity of NASA's claims - in order to submit it to the scientific community (and smart teenagers) to trigger a global awakening to NASA's lies.

The problem I see with that is that, 40 years on (after the alleged Apollo moon landings), none of the countless appeals to scientific reason by scores of intelligent folks has succeeded in waking up either the scientific community or the ordinary citizen - aka "the man in the street". Instead, a far more effective way of rattling people out of their mind conditioning has proven to be to highlight the pathetically contrived human aspects of it all - and the actors involved in this ongoing scam. Personally, I can well remember the blissful day when I bumped into the Apollo 11 press conference, and how it totally did it for me. Whatever doubts I had about my own suspicions that the moon landings were fake were forever dispelled.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifx0Yx8vlrY

The NASA scriptwriters are perfectly aware that any human beings with working brain cells who bump into this Apollo11 press conference video (and other equally botched Apollo audio/video material) will instantly realize they have been taken for a ride. Thus, the NASA scriptwriters' current strategy is quite simply to saturate their fables with an exponential surge of further hogwash - in the hope of generating multiple 'levels of belief' among the public. Sure enough, many people are now buying the fable that NASA is "hiding something" from the public (such as secret moon bases, UFO sightings/alien contacts and such bullcrap). This very "Curiosity Rover" Mars landing fable is only yet another step of their strategy to bury their old hoaxes with further outlandish hoaxes - a seemingly stupid, deliberate 'overkill' if you will - but seen through a mass-psychology manipulation perspective, a pretty effective way of numbing/ overwhelming the general public's capacity of critical thinking.

For how long will they get away with this? That is up to each one of us to decide. What is their unfair advantage? The fact that they control the news media corporations. Whatever you may say, the internet still exerts nowhere near the clout and influence wielded by the billions of TV sets sitting in people's living rooms. The masses see the internet as a ragtag bunch of conflicting views, entirely lacking that cosy and comfy sense of UNITY - as offered by the mass media.
If he is making a scientific presentation exposing NASA's space program as a hoax then he's going to have to do it in a non-conspiratorial way as much as possible and explain it in kings english at the same time for the general populace. This of course wouldn't be a complete presentation without showing that all the footage we've seen of any space mission is fake, as someone will inevitably say "I saw it on TV therefore it must be real" or "I saw a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral therefore it must have something to do with a mission to space because NASA told me so". To nail this in the coffin, it should be noted what Heiwa brought up earlier in the thread about there not being any school that teaches space engineering which will bring into question where these so called space engineers at NASA got there degrees from, as they evidently can't explain the science themselves in any press conference.
rick55 wrote:Which approach do YOU "like" best? Which "popular science hoax" writing style do you prefer? Heiwa has an understanding of the energy involved measures in units like "joules" but you never see NASA talk about "joules". Dmitry talks about the power involved in signals to and from the craft. However, I do not recall the power of the signals being headlined on landing day! Do you? What I recall is the media hype over "7 minutes of terror". I like that phrase. It will be NASA's undoing. Whoever came up with that is now going to have to eat crow, because it not possible to stop that craft in 7 minutes using an atmosphere that 100X less dense than Earth's! As a fellow math student of mine used to say-- who would always "ace" his exams-- astonishingly to me-- "It's a piece of cake!".
I think you all should have just agreed on the "7 minutes of terror" and stuck with it as it seems like this is the only thing that matters to NASA that they have to saturate it across the media. We should use their own words against them as much as possible.
rick55 wrote:I can understand your frustation (like Simon's actually, surprisingly)... but we're dealing here with really really clever and powerful people. I would not make the mistake of underestimating them. They apparently understand mass mind control to a degree that is incredible beyond my belief. I often wonder if there isn't another dimension of evil demons involved in this since JPL's founder, Jack Parsons, a dabbler in the occult in a major way. It is said that he and the others opened a gateway to hell. What do you think of that?
No matter where you look in the power structure you are going to find some form of satanism being practiced. So it's no wonder why they are so terribly concerned about how we view Jesus, a man that died ages ago, that they have to make docs like Zeitgeist that came right out attacking Christianity, Jesus and his deity, claiming he didn't exist with bogus sources. In the New Age/UFO cult which is Freemasonry under another name they often claim he is just an "ascended master". They claim the devil doesn't exist while they worship him in their own private time often under occult names. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter whether we believe any of it is real, because they certainly do.

I agree with you 100%. You just said it far better than I could have, Dcopymope!
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

rick55 wrote:I fear that my own motivation to continue to construct a viable technical debunking here is flagging. Simon himelf indicated he prefers an emotional appeal to expose the hoax similar to that gained when watching Neil Armstrong in his post-moon mission interview stumble and fumble with his words. I understand his point but over time, I guess, I'll plug away at something I can post on my own blog. When I'm happy with the presentation, I'll let readers and Simon here know about it and you all can visit me there.

Till then... happy landings... ?
Thanks for this terrific forum, Simon... your work on 9/11 is truly #1 in my book... and I haven't even tapped into the fake bombings like 7/7 and Oslo. I thought those were all 'real' false flags but not fake! Your whole angle of fake events has awaked me to a whole new level. And thanks for tolerating my obsession with a technical proof.
No, don't go away. Just because Simon wants an emotional proof doesn't mean that we aren't also interested in your technical proof. I, for one, am really looking forward to reading it! The more proofs, the merrier! I like how you write, and want to keep reading your stuff.
rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

fbenario
No, don't go away. Just because Simon wants an emotional proof doesn't mean that we aren't also interested in your technical proof. I, for one, am really looking forward to reading it! The more proofs, the merrier! I like how you write, and want to keep reading your stuff.
Thanks for your encouragement. I'll stick around and will certainly update this forum, then, when I come up with a presentable thought.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

fbenario wrote:
rick55 wrote:I fear that my own motivation to continue to construct a viable technical debunking here is flagging. Simon himelf indicated he prefers an emotional appeal to expose the hoax similar to that gained when watching Neil Armstrong in his post-moon mission interview stumble and fumble with his words. I understand his point but over time, I guess, I'll plug away at something I can post on my own blog. When I'm happy with the presentation, I'll let readers and Simon here know about it and you all can visit me there.

Till then... happy landings... ?
Thanks for this terrific forum, Simon... your work on 9/11 is truly #1 in my book... and I haven't even tapped into the fake bombings like 7/7 and Oslo. I thought those were all 'real' false flags but not fake! Your whole angle of fake events has awaked me to a whole new level. And thanks for tolerating my obsession with a technical proof.
I second fbenario's sentiment on this.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

If NASA/JPL are to believed they managed to decelerate the MSL spaceship from 5900 to 80 m/s with a combination of plenty friction in the atmosphere (bringing speed down to 405 m/s) and parachute. However this 80 m/s final speed is reached at 1 600 m altitude and it seems it is too much; the parachute will hit ground at too high speed, so rockets/fuel and a sky crane were absolutely needed to bring speed down to 0.
It would evidently have been much better, easier, cheaper and more intelligent to use atmospheric friction to bring speed down to, say 200 m/s by braking with friction 10 seconds longer, and then deploy the parachute, maybe a little bigger, to bring the space ship all the way to ground at low speed and land at a few m/s - like Apollo 11. :rolleyes:
The rockets and sky crane seem to have been added by the JPL SF writers to add drama, complications, terror (?) to the fantasy show to entertain poor American tax payers. :P
Last edited by Heiwa on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey

Re: MARS & the Curiosity Rover - NASA's latest hoax

Unread post by Mickey »

TPTB know the other big alternative media outlets to get their foothold on, places like reddit, digg etc.

Look at this one http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y ... _the_mars/ already close to 3000+ points/likes. It is being controlled. Members of the Curiosity team are taking turns in answering some questions. Some of my favs (shortcut for all of them here http://www.reddit.com/user/CuriosityMarsRover )
It's a combination of F=ma, V=IR, w x r, and not crossing the streams
:D :lol: :puke:
We tested the parachute in a wind tunnel at NASA Ames. This wind tunnel didn't generate supersonic speeds, but the combination of airspeed and density approximated certain parts of the parachute descent phase. There's a good set of videos that detail the testing of the parachute, here's the first one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7vf2HUMMdo
The spacecraft was built in-house here at JPL, but lots of its parts were made elsewhere. We provide sub-contractors with specifications so they know how to build and/or design the parts they're responsible for. We also use these specifications within JPL so different groups understand all the parts of the system. The temp spec you gave is a great example of the kinds of things we put in these specs.
--ARS
:wub:
Kinda. The Juno mission to Jupiter launched in 2011 and will arrive at Jupiter in 2016.
:blink: LOL Why the wait guys? We are ready to see everyone hug each other in NASA one more time!!

A few of the Curiosity team/JPL have LinkedIn profiles including the Mohawk guy http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bobak-ferdowsi/8/768/2a9
I tried to look for journal publications by any one of these and not one of them has ever written a paper. It doesn't take advanced engineering degrees and science to know what is going on here. These clowns are from the same 911 school of acting.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

reel.deal wrote:Image

Here's the link to that.

http://www.juancole.com/2012/08/were-na ... nding.html
“We’re NASA and we know it”, video to the tune of “Sexy and I Know It,” by the American duo LMFAO from their 2011 album, “Sorry for Party Rocking.”
illusion42

Unread post by illusion42 »

Mickey wrote:
A few of the Curiosity team/JPL have LinkedIn profiles including the Mohawk guy http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bobak-ferdowsi/8/768/2a9
I tried to look for journal publications by any one of these and not one of them has ever written a paper. It doesn't take advanced engineering degrees and science to know what is going on here. These clowns are from the same 911 school of acting.

You're right. Normally when you register with a university, you automatically have an extensive online footprint when you publish papers during your Masters/Ph.D years. And with such a guy to get into the NASA school of acting, I would expect him to have taken part in some national/international science related competitions at least at some point of his life!

But nope.

I can't find any info about him being associated with any of his universities or any of his scientific papers besides the usual mainstream media dribble about this guy going on for 100+ pages with a google search.

Its like these guys spring out of nowhere and become famous over night. :wacko:

If TPTB want to perpetuate this hoax without raising any suspicions, I guess all it involves is bribing a few people to claim as his "friends/professors who knew him at university" and a couple of doctored papers with this guys name on it.

But I guess they don't really need to do that.

I can haz a cool Mohawk NASA guy as enough proof that Curiosity mission is realz. ^_^
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

A message — from one cartoon to another:

More BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :

The fact that NASA actually used that 'Marvin the Martian' cartoon character on an official logo patch for their previous Spirit rover “Mars mission” in 2004 says it all:
Spirit, MER-A (Mars Exploration Rover – A), is a robotic rover on Mars, active from 2004 to 2010. It was one of two rovers of NASA's ongoing Mars Exploration Rover Mission. It landed successfully on Mars at 04:35 Ground UTC on January 4, 2004, three weeks before its twin, Opportunity (MER-B), landed on the other side of the planet. Its name was chosen through a NASA-sponsored student essay competition. The rover became stuck in late 2009, and its last communication with Earth was sent on March 22, 2010.

ImageImage
Ref http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=11681

And...
3. Nuclear power

Due to the unreliability of solar power, Curiosity’s 1,982-pound frame is energized by an advanced nuclear power system called the Multi-Mission Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator. The on-board nuclear power plant is capable of generating electricity from plutonium-238 dioxide for up to 14 years, which should be plenty of time since Curiosity will only be on Mars for 23 months. The technology for this type of nuclear power system is not new, however; both the Viking 1 and Viking 2 Mars landers used the same system, and they launched all the way back in 1975. [via]

@ http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/ ... ing-facts/
[See more Curiosity 'MERde' per Wiki]

rick55

Unread post by rick55 »

Mickey wrote:TPTB know the other big alternative media outlets to get their foothold on, places like reddit, digg etc.

Look at this one http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/y ... _the_mars/ already close to 3000+ points/likes. It is being controlled. Members of the Curiosity team are taking turns in answering some questions. Some of my favs (shortcut for all of them here http://www.reddit.com/user/CuriosityMarsRover )
Those forums seem to be poorly formatted. Those who answer a few questions (very few), are nicknamed Curiosity rather than any particular individual. Is anyone here having any luck there with any sort of response to the idea that this is a fake mission?

I've been checking the official JPL Youtube site and the comments section there is wide open. I've been scanning those comments and nobody has suggested the mission is fake yet. I wonder if it's ripening to the point where someone could go in there and suggest what we've been talking about here in a smooth manner. I thought about doing it myself but will think on my approach for a few days since I use my real name linked back to my real youtube account of my real self playing real piano. I want to be sure I'm going to get some traction and maintain a respectable, yet challenging position, if I go in there.

I wonder if Simon himself would dare post something there? I'll be reading more comments on that JPL youtube site before I engage-- it's very tempting-- and it's a much "cleaner" format than the reddit forums above. Here is the JPL Youtube site....with the latest from the Mohawk guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz2eVthmNn4

That latest video has not accumulated many comments but the next previous one "Where were you when Curiousity landed on Mars" has 343 comments that I'll scan this evening. The 4 minute video is quite a piece of exciting propaganda, if not a great science fiction moment in "unreality TV" history. You all MUST watch it... I highly recommend it. Despite the fact that the mission was faked, it's still exciting-- like a trailer for a movie. Be sure to have popcorn while you watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz2eVthm ... playnext=1

Kshitij Mall is one of the commenters who claims to be doing rocket science at Purdue. Here's her web page. http://www.youtube.com/user/kshitijmall

Another astute commenter indicates that the time for entry into the atmosphere seems to have been fudged.
Until about 15 seconds before touchdown I was sat in my room watching the NASA TV stream, wondering when the hell they were going to enter the atmosphere because by the clock they should have been in 5 minutes ago and yet all I see on screen is the presenter lady talking to an engineer man...
When Curiosity landed I was in exactly the same place, having 15 seconds previously realised I wasn't watching the stream live.
Which did spoil it a bit, still great though.
MrRevertis 1 day ago

Another commenter points out that one of the blue shirted actors started cheering before the touchdown was announced.
Anyone who saw the livesteam surely must remember the guy who started cheering a few seconds before the announcement came that they have touchdown. That moment when he jumped up, that was absolutely beautiful. I don't know whether he knew that the landing was successful And of course, after that everyone else went crazy as well, that was beautiful!
nousername21 1 day ago
Someone else remarks that they had heard peanuts were passed out before the landing.
I didnt know the whole eating peanuts thing was considered good luck before a high pressure space moment, I heard they even passed them out at JPL before the landing..
...I was at home watching with my family including my 86 year old grandfather, it was an incredible moment!
HerculesRockefellerr 1 day ago in playlist Uploaded videos
This comment points to "euphoria" and how nice it was to see. It's possible that, given the hoax, that expressing euphoria was and is part of the fake mission/psyop. I thought that the word applied. Another commenter recalls crying with joy. Yet another sees it as a NASA triumph.
It's so nice to watch joy, euphoria, success, all the people who worked hard to make deserve it.
But feel a bit sorry when realize that bright minds are killing our world, instead of making it better.
Hope this mankind new adventure bring good things back.
Kaxtube68 1 day ago

this made me cry
johnes93 1 day ago

I am sooo happy NASA has once again earned a place in the heart of all people who want to see humanity progress!!!
HerculesRockefellerr 1 day ago in playlist Uploaded videos
Not a single comment in 363 I reviewed called it a hoax. So this type of forum would be more than ready for this alternative view. The video from which these comments came, "where were you when curiosity landed?" has had 27,000+ hits in 2 days. I would expect more hits since this is a basic promotional video. Any posting about a hoax might be removed since there are many comments that have been flagged and deleted, of the 363. There is never an indication as to why a comment was deleted however.

I think it'll be interesting to see who, from Simon's forums, will be the first to put their toes in that water.
Last edited by rick55 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
illusion42

Unread post by illusion42 »

rick55 wrote:
Mickey wrote:TPTB know the other big alternative media outlets to get their foothold on, places like reddit, digg etc.

Those forums seem to be poorly formatted. Those who answer a few questions (very few), are nicknamed Curiosity rather than any particular individual. Is anyone here having any luck there with any sort of response to the idea that this is a fake mission?

I've been checking the official JPL Youtube site and the comments section there is wide open. I've been scanning those comments and nobody has suggested the mission is fake yet. I wonder if it's ripening to the point where someone could go in there and suggest what we've been talking about here in a smooth manner. I thought about doing it myself but will think on my approach for a few days since I use my real name linked back to my real youtube account of my real self playing real piano. I want to be sure I'm going to get some traction and maintain a respectable, yet challenging position, if I go in there.

I wonder if Simon himself would dare post something there? I'll be reading more comments on that JPL youtube site before I engage-- it's very tempting-- and it's a much "cleaner" format than the reddit forums above. Here is the JPL Youtube site....with the latest from the Mohawk guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz2eVthmNn4
You can try but you would almost immediately get bashed and insulted no matter how well you have laid out your explanation. NASA has become like a religion to these people, so questioning NASA would mean questioning their beliefs!

Maybe uploading a detailed video outlining the Curiosity hoax would perhaps attract some attention?