Yes - NASA did go to the moon

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
stevenp6
Banned

Yes - NASA did go to the moon

Unread post by stevenp6 »

ADMIN NOTICE (simonshack): A new member, "stevenp6", registered yesterday and posted the below introductory post on page 63 of our MOON HOAX thread. Stevenp6's claim is that NASA actually went to the moon. I have split the subsequent posts into this new thread, entirely dedicated to this intriguing - albeit fairly bizarre theory. I hereby wish the best of luck to stevenp6 in expounding his ideas.

This is stevenp6's introductory post:

Hi, Just checking in for my first post and seeing all is in order before I wade into the incredible amount of complete bull that has being going on for the last 63 pages.
stevenp6
Banned

Re: The Moon Hoax

Okay - all seems to be in order.
Right - down to business.
I would appreciate if you lunar hoax believers would simply state your 3 most compelling reasons why your minds cannot grasp the reality of the Apollo missions. There is such an incredible amount of crap and false information on this thread it defies belief. This is a simple enough request - I hope you are up for it. :)
Kind regards,
Steve
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

stevenp6,

You are kindly required to introduce yourself here - as per our forum rules :
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=838
stevenp6
Banned

Thank you Simon - done that.

Look forward to locking horns with you! Really I must say you can't really believe half of what you have posted can you? I know there has been almost zero competition to your views and you may have got complacent but it's like the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

This should be interesting.

Regards
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

stevenp6 wrote:I would appreciate if you lunar hoax believers would simply state your 3 most compelling reasons why your minds cannot grasp the reality of the Apollo missions.
Sorry, bud, you don't get to ask even a single question until you've read all 63 pages. Your bad faith is transparently obvious, and you'll get nothing from us, since we don't care to waste time on you.
stevenp6
Banned

Read all 63 pages actually and it was most entertaining. Most of you HB's slapping each other on the back and spouting unsubstantiated nonsense. No point in me trying to comment on everything as there is just too much crap. That's why I ask you to name your most crappiest important points so I can try to educate you with some science. But if you are too scared to get in the ring with somebody who knows what he's talking about we can draw our own conclusions.
Regards
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

stevenp6 wrote:I ask you to name your most ... important points so I can try to educate you with some science.
One way to demonstrate that you are not on Earth but on, e.g. the Moon, is to demonstrate that gravity acceleration is different, e.g. 1/6 smaller on Moon than on Earth (due to mass of Moon is smaller). One way to do it, à la Gallileo Gallilei at Pisa, is simply to drop something and measure the acceleration. Why do you think it was not done on the Moon? :rolleyes:
stevenp6
Banned

Hi Heiwa,

Wow! I ask for the most compelling reason why you think men didn’t land on the moon and your answer is because they didn’t drop balls and time them. Is that right ? Truly amazing. Are you still at school or have you broken up for the holidays?

What do you think the astronauts would have achieved by doing that? Are you saying that because they DIDN’T do something then they didn’t go? What sort of twisted logic is that? I went to London last week and I DIDN’T take a picture of Buckingham Palace – does that prove I didn’t go? I am flabbergasted by your weird argument.

NASA knew the gravitation on the moon to many decimal places (far greater than could be achieved dropping balls). It was rather important in the calculations on how to get there in the first place!

On Apollo 15, Commander David Scott did simultaneously drop a hammer and feather and they slowly fell to the ground (in accordance with one-sixth gravity) and of course they both hit the ground at the same time.

The astronauts did not go to the moon to prove they went there! That was obvious to anyone with half a brain. They took 5777 photographs, several hours of video, performed loads of experiments, brought back hundreds of kilos of moon rocks and drilled core samples. Do you think dropping a few balls would convince people they were there when they had all the other irrefutable evidence? Words fails me.

And by the way – just so you realise how totally and completely WRONG you are, Apollo 17 did take an experimental package to measure variations in the lunar gravity…

Lunar Surface Gravimeter - This experiment was part of the ALSEP package on Apollo 17 and was intended to make highly accurate measurements of how the Moon's gravity varied with time. The primary purpose of this experiment was to search for gravity waves, which are predicted by Einstein's theory of relativity. In addition, these measurements would have contributed to studies of lunar seismology and of tidal deformation of the Moon. It was designed to measure lunar gravity to one part in several billion – rather more accurate then dropping balls. Talking of which – have yours dropped yet?

Regards
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I dont ususally entertain this nonsense, but I will ask p6 one question!

Why did NASA go to the moon?
stevenp6
Banned

To discover more about it? To prove we could do it? To do scientific experiments? Who knows? I don’t get into subjective arguments anyway – I prefer to deal with facts – something that is completely lacking in these threads.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

stevenp6 wrote: They took ... brought back hundreds of kilos of moon rocks ... . Do you think dropping a few balls would convince people they were there when they had all the other irrefutable evidence? Words fails me.
Wouldn't it have been nice to throw away a one kilogram moon rock 50 meters or so ... as it only weighs 160 grams ... to impress Houston? :rolleyes:
Actually, the Apollo astronots seems to be subject to much stronger gravity (like on Earth) on all videos - more or less glued to ground. With g=1.5 m/s² I would expect the astronots to take giant steps - almost flying above ground - when walking with say 4-6 meters between touch downs.
You said you had some scientific training and could produce facts. Pls try a little harder.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

stevenp6 wrote:To discover more about it? To prove we could do it? To do scientific experiments? Who knows? I don’t get into subjective arguments anyway – I prefer to deal with facts – something that is completely lacking in these threads.
Slither and slide and you don't know why "we went to the moon".

Man's greatest achivement indeed! How about the wheel? Something completely practical and in use every day in trillions of applications.

p6, you say you are a physicist, you have got access to a powerful telescope? Can you upload some photos of the lunar landing sites taken by your good self?
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Fascinating, with all that purported knowledge and (unused) 'degrees' to "educate" us "with some science" p6 confuses a test question with an "argument" and then resorts to childish ad hominem insults, non sequiturs and parrots NASA's propaganda :lol: So claiming theoretical "calculations" with "many decimal places" proves they "knew the gravitation on the moon" and "how to get there", and that's his idea of a cogent argument! :rolleyes:

Ah yes, "Apollo missions" with the magically movable, dust-free LM and track-less "moon buggies" — did they levitate them into place for the temperature extremes and radiation-impervious, auto-viewfinder zoom camera's "photos"?

You'll have to do a lot better than that, boyo!

But yes, the "hammer & feather" drop is definitely one of my favorite NASA skits:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmLWGExPX6U

@ http://youtu.be/KDp1tiUsZw8

I really love the hesitant wobble on the hammer handle as it's laid down carefully with its fishing line after landing — and the bounce flip of the "feather" (looking more like a piece of metal or plastic :P)
stevenp6
Banned

Wouldn't it have been nice to throw away a one kilogram moon rock 50 meters or so ... as it only weighs 160 grams ... to impress Houston?
No - Why would they bother to do that? Again I say NOT doing something that YOU think they should does NOT prove anything.
Actually, the Apollo astronots seems to be subject to much stronger gravity (like on Earth) on all videos - more or less glued to ground. With g=1.5 m/s² I would expect the astronots to take giant steps - almost flying above ground - when walking with say 4-6 meters between touch downs.
What you expect is different from reality – no surprize there – deal with it. The Astronauts found the best way to move around was to shuffle and skip as it gave them more control – they weren’t competing for the Lunar Olympics.
You said you had some scientific training and could produce facts. Pls try a little harder.
What facts would you like me to produce? – Want me to prove you an idiot again?
stevenp6
Banned

brianv said
Slither and slide and you don't know why "we went to the moon".
Your point being exactly?
Man's greatest achivement indeed! How about the wheel? Something completely practical and in use every day in trillions of applications.
Is there a point?
p6, you say you are a physicist, you have got access to a powerful telescope? Can you upload some photos of the lunar landing sites taken by your good self?
It can be scientifically proven that you need a telescope over 100m to see something about 4m across on the lunar surface. its all about optics and angular resolution, something that you'd know nothing about or you wouldn't make such a stupid remark. Have you guys ever opened a science book or do you make things up as you go long?