Yes - NASA did go to the moon

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
brianv

Re: Yes - NASA did go to the moon

Unread post by brianv »

Why on Earth did we go to the Moon?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

brianv wrote:Why on Earth did we go to the Moon?
I have no idea but going to the Moon is easy. To take off from Earth, you need a Moon ship and your Moon ship must first accelerate to abt 7.5 km/s (or 27 000 km/h) to get into orbit around Earth. You probably use a separate rocket engine with it’s own fuel tanks for that? Then you must accelerate to say 11.2 km/s (or 40 000 km/h) to escape the orbit around Earth with direction Moon that is, say 400 000 km away. You probably use another, separate rocket engine with it’s own fuel tanks for that! Good! Now you are on your way to the Moon!
With speed 40 000 km/h you would arrive at the Moon after only 10 hrs, and whizz by the Moon, so you have to slow down to say 3600 km/h at arrival to get into orbit around the Moon. The only way to reduce speed of a Moon ship to safely enter the Moon orbit is to fire its own rocket engine in the opposite direction so the fuel tank has to be filled up accordingly at departure Earth. Say it takes three days to get to the Moon – average speed just 6000 km/h!
Good! Now you are orbiting the Moon at 3600 km/h and it is time to land on the Moon and plant the flag. Say that your Moon ship has a little Landing Module, LM, that can be detached from the Moon ship and that you use it. The LM has its own rocket engine/fuel tank to use for stopping the trip. So you land, speed becomes 0 km/s or 0 km/h and you can plant the flag on the Moon. That was easy. With a robot aboard in lieu of a human being, the robot could have planted the flag.
But, you want you go back to Earth and become a TV celebrity on all channels. So you have to start the LM rocket engine and accelerate from 0 to 1 km/s or 3600 km/h to get into Moon orbit … and dock with your Moon ship that is already in Moon orbit at 3600 km/h. Good luck to find your Moon ship! It is not easy. The Moon orbit is big. Watch your fuel! But say that you find and dock with your Moon ship.
Now you have to get out of the Moon orbit and into the path to Earth and for that you must accelerate to say 2.4 km/s or 8600 km/h and with luck you are off back to the path to Earth at increasing speed because Earth gravity is soon pulling you. And if you don’t start to brake you will whizz by the Earth at 40 000 km/h and not get into orbit at 27 000 km/h. So you have to brake and for that fuel is used. Watch your fuel gauge!
Back in Earth orbit you brake again and you will soon enter the Earth atmosphere and friction will melt your Moon ship unless you are protected. And then you land. You are a hero! :)
Imagine doing the above in 1969! They had fantastic technology at that time, so it was no problem at all. And today, 2012, technology is even better. Only problem is the rocket fuel. Where to store it for a Moon round trip with all these accelerations and brakings of your Moon ship? :rolleyes:
stevenp6
Banned

Unread post by stevenp6 »

Thank fuck you weren't in charge of the project then.
Never heard such nonsense.
stevenp6
Banned

Mitch matrix 2 said
So, I'm back and here to back you up buddy. Seeing as not one member here, nor the administrators has obliged them self to respond with the (3) compelling reasons, I'd say that you clearly won this battle without even trying. Nice one. It should be a humbling experience to any seasoned member who finds them self squirming to come up with any formidable answers! Proving once and for all that this "site" can certainly dish out the excremental conversation, but can in no way back it up with any credible answers or explanations.
Good show Chap.
Thanks for the heads up Mitch Matrixx Deuce. Nice to know there is at least one either sane person on these boards. I’m sure most of this is a wind up because these guys cannot possibly believe what they say. When I get some energy I will try to educate them but don’t hold out much hope. They seem to wallow in their ignorance and enjoy being stupid. It doesn’t take much to Google a few sites and find out how these things were done. But of course they can’t do that because NASA, the media and Governments are evil and control everything. Lol. By that reasoning of course their site wouldn’t exist but let’s not let logic get in the way.
stevenp6
Banned

Simonshack - Thanks for not banning me - (yet) I'll try to not be quite so offensive in future but it is very difficult when you are surrounded by 'unlike-minded people' :D
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

stevenp6 wrote:Thank fuck you weren't in charge of the project then.
Never heard such nonsense.
It's like driving a car! You accelerate to get going and brake to stop. But to brake in space you need energy (J or Nm), i.e. apply a force (N) to stop after a certain distance (m). And that energy (J) you have to carry along to stop on the Moon and to get back. Basic. BTW - the energy (J) to stop an LM with mass m (kg) and velocity v (m/s) on the Moon is mv²/2 (J). Note that m includes the weight of the fuel ... so look at your fuel gauge when braking in space. If you run out of fuel ... you cannot stop and will end up in AlphaOmega lightyears away or crash.
Do you have a driver's licence? Or too young?
Best with driving in space is there are no trees in the way. :P
Last edited by Heiwa on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

stevenp6 wrote:Simonshack - Thanks for not banning me - (yet) I'll try to not be quite so offensive in future but it is very difficult when you are surrounded by 'unlike-minded people' :D
stevenp6,

I won't give you a third warning. So, once again:
simonshack wrote:
However, as the founder of this forum, I will now formally ask you to respond to my above post - before typing one more word here. Understood? If not, here goes:

Please provide your own 3 most compelling reasons why you believe in NASA's purported moon landings.

And yes, failure to comply with this very reasonable request of mine will result in you being banned (...)
And please do not ask me to "go and fuck myself" once again. I have no idea of how to achieve such a feat.

I am gracefully giving you a chance to prove that PANS (Pro Apollo Nutters) are any sort of reasonable, thoughtful people capable of sustaining intelligent and educated debates. So far, you have proven to have no such skills - while outing yourself as a particularly poor and rude ambassador to their 'cause'.
stevenp6
Banned

My 3 most compelling reasons why I believe the lunar landings were true…

Point 1 – Physical evidence. There is a colossal amount of physical evidence that prove that the landing happened as reported by NASA and the media. 382 kilos of moon rocks, 5777 high resolution photographs with NOT A SINGLE ANOMALY. (Yes, thought that would go down well) Hours and hours of videos shot on the lunar surface, panoramic scenes and shots of the lunar rover's wheels throwing dust in its wake as expected in an airless environment in one-sixth g.

I am sure we will argue with this later BUT the rocks could NOT be faked and could NOT have been collected by robots.

Point 2 – Telemetry data. The lunar landings were a massive media event, almost bordering on hysteria – it was watched extremely carefully by the Soviets, friendly and not so friendly nations as well as thousands of amateur astronomers. The rockets clearly left the launch pads as was witnessed by thousands and on live TV. The spacecraft were tracked all the way to the moon by many nations and enthusiasts so clearly they weren’t just having a party in orbit around the earth. The conclusion is that a spacecraft went to the moon as advertised and all the data matches perfectly.

Point 3 – Data collected. So much data was collected by the Apollo missions that students and scientists are still studying it today. We know much more about the lunar regolith, lunar geology, radiation, micro meteorites and space travel in general thanks to the Apollo missions. It was all clearly true as the data has been confirmed by further missions from other nations. There is NO WAY NASA could have faked all the vast amounts of data they published or indeed ANY POINT in faking the data as they would have been ‘found out’ pretty shortly afterwards by other nations and future analysis. Pretty pointless saying the lunar dust was of this composition or radition levels were this, when other nations would soon discover the data to be wrong.

There are of course many many other reasons too, including compelling reasons why it could NOT HAVE BEEN FAKED but I’ll leave that for another time.

Hope that satisfies you SimonShack.

I’m sure this will spark a feeding frenzy from you HB’s but please be assured that I will only respond to sensible comments (or semi-sensible) and will not watch loads of You Tube videos as so called evidence. I would prefer it if you put things in your own words and not cut and paste crap form elsewhere. That way it proves you at least think you know what you are talking about. I know I am in no position to make demands, so please consider this as a polite request. :D

Regards,

Steve
stevenp6
Banned

Maat when refuting my Lunar Surface Gravimeter remarks said,
And how convenient that it failed, eh? http://ares.jsc.nasa.gov/humanexplore/e ... t1/LSG.htm
Interesting- if it failed then it must have been on the moon then. After all, you would hardly fake something relatively trivial to fail, you just wouldn't mention it at all.

You have inadvertantly admitted the lunar landings were true. Nice.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

stevenp6 wrote: Hope that satisfies you SimonShack.

Regards,

Steve
Yes, Steve - that does satisfy me.

It satisfies me to confirm that you have very little to offer (after 43 years) in the way of supporting NASA's extraordinary claims of having sent 6 manned spacecrafts back and forth to the moon - flawlessly - between 1969 and 1972. Moreover, it seems you have no interest whatsoever to address any of the many issues put forth in the 63 pages of this forum's MOON HOAX thread - or indeed, the evidence submitted on this forum as to the phoniness of NASA'S SPACE SHUTTLE PROGRAM.

I will now close this thread and wish stevenp6 good luck with his efforts to convince people of these ludicrous NASA tales. There are plenty of other web places for him to spam his kooky theories. To be sure, Cluesforum will not provide yet another platform for the countless NASA trolls to peddle the 43-year-old Moon Hoax.

:rolleyes: