Sci-Fi Fathers of NASA (Arthur C. Clarke, Rodenberry, etc.)

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Sci-Fi Fathers of NASA (Arthur C. Clarke, Rodenberry, etc.)

Unread post by simonshack »

[ADMIN: This topic has been split from Fakery in Orbit: ISS thread http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=720 Thanks. -hoi.polloi]

Maat wrote:
From full size original that's presented as Nasa's Astronomy Picture of the Day, page dated: 11-15 -2010 [=11] :rolleyes:
Yes, Maat... and I guess it is only pure happenstance that this Lady Astronot (and, in fact, this ISS picture itself) bears an uncanny/beyond-subliminal resemblance to Sigourney Weaver of "ALIEN" fame (and with this most famous & familiar poster/wallpaper from that movie)?... <_<

http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wild-animal ... per-383163

pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Also what is with the 'strained' muscles at the back of her neck?
Almost like she is being suspended upside down and being asked to hold her head in a natural/un-natural position[?].
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:
Maat wrote:
From full size original that's presented as Nasa's Astronomy Picture of the Day, page dated: 11-15 -2010 [=11] :rolleyes:
Yes, Maat... and I guess it is only pure happenstance that this Lady Astronot (and, in fact, this ISS picture itself) bears an uncanny/beyond-subliminal resemblance to Sigourney Weaver of "ALIEN" fame (and with this most famous & familiar poster/wallpaper from that movie)?... <_<

http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wild-animal ... per-383163
Aha, of course! Image Even the slightly undershot jaw — and associating Ms Weaver with 'space' is automatic now, after 3 ALIEN movies + Avatar.

It's all about using the power of images, even those we are fully aware are fake (for 'entertainment'), the visual references remain in memory and unconsciously influence how we associate what we see. That influences others' creativity as well, to reflect the cultural expectations already imprinted — and why designs, art, movies etc. mimic and spin-off others.
simonshack
Administrator

Sigourney Weaver - vs - Tracy Caldwell Dyson

icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Fact following fiction? Or fictional 'facts'? Watch this USAF recruitment video- especially from 0:20 (it's only 30secs anyway}

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTYKT4w-zc
I find it interesting as a comparison to ISS footage, as I feel it's one of the few occasions when an official government video segment is formally meant to be showing just a representation of reality. Does anyone know of any longer sequences of officially-unreal government-funded edutainment video footage?

And assuming that these sorts of USAF videos (see below) are shown routinely on cable and satellite in the US- it's hardly surprising that the huddled masses can't really tell the difference...or begin to see where it is that the blurred edge starts.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg9K1mCh65U
reichstag fireman

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE ISS

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

A few celestial observations, from the comfy couch of terra firma.

We only ever see ISS footage released by NASA. Since the Russian Federation is another protagonist in this hoax, where is its official footage, please?

The ISS, we are told, hosts high-tech experiments in particle physics, material sciences, horticulture, and so forth. Yet we enjoy no enlightenment on this bleeding-edge research. Instead, official footage has focused on the most basic human functions of the ISS crew: chiefly their eating and their crapping. The intellectual highlight to date has been a video of the lavatory papers and wet wipes stocked in the Space Station bathroom. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lswCuvcA7YQ#t=3m07s

Various websites claim to be publishing times and geographic locations where the ISS can be viewed from earth with the naked eye. On two occasions these were checked and, indeed, an illuminated high altitude object passed across the sky at the time and in the direction predicted. The question for the sceptic is what exactly are those objects, if not the ISS?

Best guess is that these sightings (of the "ISS" and other "man-made satellites") are simply Near-Earth Asteroids whose orbits are well known to serious astronomers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-Earth ... _asteroids

International Space Station? Apparently not. This is YU55, a near-earth asteroid

Finally, on the more general subject of man-made satellites: the role of the late Arthur C. Clarke in launching the satellite hoax, is both interesting and important.

Clarke, best known as a science-fiction writer, is credited by the British Establishment as 'the genius' who in 1945 first proposed the "geostationary communications satellite".

Below is the original article in which Clarke sets out 'his' theory for geostationary comms satellites, which he called rocket station radio relays:

Clarke's full article from Wireless World magazine, Oct 1945 is at: http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/

Clarke who died in 2008 was also behind a string of popular children's books. His best-sellers include Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious World, Arthur C. Clarke's World of Strange Powers and Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Universe.

The common theme of these books was to explore the boundaries of our knowledge. In reality, most of the book topics are pure shite. Lost cities under the sea, mysterious powers of evil trapped in the Pyramids, giant monsters of the deep, telekinesis, telepathy and the paranormal, mummified toads hidden in hollow stones, etc. Garbage which Clarke interspersed with large dollops of official Apollo Hoax propaganda from NASA.

Clarke had an even darker side. He was a notorious child abuser who was forced to see out his final years in Sri Lanka, as an increasingly paranoid old man. Ever fearful that he would be deported back to England to answer historic child sex allegations. It is said that Clarke was invited repeatedly to return to the UK to accept an official honour in recognition of his "services to astronomy". But convinced that it was a snare to entrap him, Clarke always refused the offers. In a highly unusual move, Prince Charles while visiting Sri Lanka personally awarded Clarke his gong at the office of the British High Commission.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/CHILD+SEX+SHAME+OF+ARTHUR+C.CLARKE/Just+three+days+before+Prince+Charles+knights+him

It is odd, to say the least, that a science-fiction writer holds the title of 'inventor' of the space satellite.
Suggesting, perhaps, that, even to this day, all man-made satellites are no more than fanciful works of science fiction.
Utah

Unread post by Utah »

Arthur C. Clarke, also well known for his collaboration with Kubrick on "2001:A Space Oddesey," seems a likely space fakery linchpin.
As a kid, I used to read a lot of sci-fi, and considered Clarke light reading, a little better than shite, at least if you are 12 years old.

Here Clarke talks about how the film is essentially propaganda meant to prepare us for the inevitable 'alien encounter' and help us understand our cosmic insignificance. Defintely doing his part to sell the space story. :puke:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEEtfhxLQbw

I love the resemblence of the "2001" monolith to the New Millenium Hotel, neighbor of the WTC until its destruction on 9/11/2001.

ImageImage
Last edited by Utah on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

And the imprinting began on a Disneyland TV episode in 1955...

"Indicia title is 'Walt Disney's MAN IN SPACE, No. 716.' Code number is M.I.S. O.S. #716-568. Copyright 1956 by Walt Disney Productions..." @ http://www.comics.org/issue/12960/#108421
Walt Disney's Man in Space / comic story / 32 pages

Content Information

Genre: fact

Characters: Sir Isaac Newton (cameo)

Synopsis:
A short history of rockets, then an examination of the problems facing humans if they were in a rocket shot into space. Predictions and descriptions of the building of an orbiting space wheel and the first interplanetary trip around the moon and back are depicted.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPn5XXBPXY4
[See Notes on video]

& http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_Space

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJrvT9sTPk

hoi.polloi

Re: Sci-Fi Fathers of NASA (Arthur C. Clarke, Rodenberry, et

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Arthur C. Clarke, before dying, had a web site he allegedly maintained from his home in Sri Lanka.

In 2001, or thereabouts, he posted on his site that one of his science fiction series/stories (Odyssey? Rama? something else?) contained in it a reference to a future event (in the story, this event had taken place in the past, i.e.; our future) in which terrorists struck cities. I also remember that he found it a disturbing but interesting "coincidence" that the "real terrorist" event of 9/11 shared some properties with the fictional one he had invented. Did it take place on September 11th, 2001? Was it about airplanes hitting skyliners?

In any case, that blog section of his site went down, and much later he died of old age. I think he was a favorite of TPTB.

I think that Clarke was an unwitting fool of some kind, whose ideas some higher-ups became enamored with, and they tried to implement his vision in the hopes of either "escaping" Earth, encouraging the story of "escape" from Earth, or at least endorsing the narrative to get an "alien agenda" going. In any case, he - and other Sci-Fi writers - was so fluidly involved with the hoaxes, I can't help but think he was often used as a source of dumb creativity to fuel military and NASA projects.

Please also view my connection of H.G.Wells to the Nuclear Bomb Hoax and I think you will start to pick up a pattern of famous Science Fiction and its use by NASA to capture the imagination and sideline funds into their black ops. A lot of the writers had good intentions, but those intentions and the humanitarian romance they wrote about, was used by bad people for bad ends.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

I agree, Hoi. I think they've always had to use and steal ideas from genuinely creative people because they don't have that talent themselves.

[Repost/transfer from the Fakery in Orbit: THE ISS thread]:

Bingo! Follow up to my previous post reply to Simon (above) re power of images, I just read this comments page linked from that ISS astronot image on Starship Asterisk* APOD and General Discussion Forum, (via the "Challenge: Can you identify which part of Earth is visible in the background?")

Specifically:
Re: APOD: Home from Above (2010 Nov 15)

by rimbaud3000 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 am

I also thought it was The Pacific.
On a loosely related matter - doesn't Tracy Caldwell Dyson look a bit like Sigourney Weaver in that photo?
I find this both disconcerting and inspiring at the same time.
Disconcerting in a facile, stupid way because of the fear the Alien films created in me when I was younger.
Inspiring because not only do they both represent the strength and courage of women astronauts, they are linked by our desire to explore space.

We are at the beginning of a journey that will hopefully take us to the stars. Who knows where the endeavours of the intrepid inhabitants of the ISS will eventually take us?
Incredible photo. Gave me goosebumps. Take me there please!
simonshack
Administrator

Whatsgoingon,

I think I agree with every single word you wrote there. An outstanding, concise summary of TPTB's strategy to keep the populace happy and hypnotized by an illusory promise of impending, future bliss.

It is, of course, disheartening to see all around us not only growing disparities in our society, but also the social apathy/dejection that comes from the sense of helplessness to do something about it. Having said that, I nurture strong and healthy optimism seeing how the TPTB are none too bright - and seem to be oblivious to the fact that they are gradually getting exposed and intellectually challenged. All the power & money in the world won't stop people from using their brains (hopefully our air and water is not being contaminated with dumbing-down agents, as some suspect!). An obstacle that such brain-users still have to overcome though, is the cynicism which comes with knowledge - an unfortunate drawback which tends to foster the aforementioned sense of helplessness.

In other words, let's just unshackle ourselves from TPTB's crass, sociopathic antics - and give 'em hell. Let us earn our brighter future by burning - efficiently - the only totally free & clean energy known to man (and woman !) : Brainpower. :)
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

simonshack wrote:I think I agree with every single word you wrote there.
So do I. And, I might add: as Sci-Fi helped creating a new culture where technology was central to human life, it also helped the fragmentation and ultimate impoverishment of our earthly, material yet spiritual life.
Not only to reflect the great game for power going on against the establishments of the great monotheistic religions (a fight that still goes on and has nothing noble to it on both fronts) but more importantly because this de-spiritualized de-materialized individual (I can address the concept a little better if needed, but I think I have in other threads) is more and more at a loss and dependent from the technocrats for any answer to his or her fears. Spirituality, furthermore, enhances human life at least in the sense that provides everyone with a general, universal sense of justice and balance -- something that has to be rid of because it gets in the way of technological "progress".
The original shared "common sense" when facing with curiosity and respect the mysterious weaves of our world is now replaced with Walt Disney's version of the "protection of the environment", adding to the sense that humans belong NOT to nature, but to the realm of technology, and have to limit themselves in order to "respect nature".
hoi.polloi

Re: Sci-Fi Fathers of NASA

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

It is a logical set of propaganda-spread religious ideas. It is essentially a religion of "science" with at least these tenents:

A. Technology (and the corporations that provide it) will save us - even redeem Earth's "savage" history
B. Humans who use technology given to them are separate from and greater than the rest of nature

If A, then B. If B, then A.

Of course, if you try to destabilize this idea with other thoughts, they each have repeated responses we see in the media:
If, "Technology creates controlled, concentrated power in the hands of the few, dripped out in careful doses to the masses to create dependency"
Then, "No. Everyone benefits from technology. The dependency is merely a side effect we can laugh off." (as per A.)

If, "Technology is a logical extension of humanity and is as natural as and is equal to any other force."
Then, "No. You must train to use it, and you must have values aligned spiritually with ours. If not, you are a terrorist." (as per B.)

If, "Chaos reigns and our uses of technology can be anything we want, at any time rather than structured rules"
Then, "No. Only terrorists use technology for whatever purpose they want. Technology has to be monitored as fast as it is created." (as per B.)

If, "Minerals and mining corporations tend to pollute and waste the natural resources in inexcusably selfish and socially imbalanced ways"
Then, "No." or "It doesn't matter, because the way the technology is designed for a short lifespan is good and pure by the fact that it is technology." (as per A.)

If, "Nature and the world around us seems to suffer from any of our meddling in it at all"
Then, "No. We can play with nature in increasingly perfect ways that are predictable, and which house more promise than nature's natural course. Thus, we can preserve and redeem animal extinctions with zoos, breeding programs, genetic engineering and increasingly technological forces. Nature is ours to control." (as per A.)

If, "Technology is not as perfect as we think and seems to make a bungle of everything before it gets better"
Then, "The suffering is worth it, because in the end, all the suffering will lead to a greater world." (as per A.)

Big-Budget Pop Sci-Fi is most certainly more commercial and controlled than pure literary sci-fi, but most sci-fi does seem to focus on these same issues that keep coming back to some apparently inevitable "humanity's destiny with the stars" lie. But it seems to me, we never go anywhere at a greater pace with industrial technology than without. It is merely a religion.

If we weren't advancing in industrial technology (which we are), we would be advancing in spiritual technology more connected to Earth. Either way, we are getting better. But the idea that a technological future is somehow more insidious or more glorious than any other advancement of the human race on Earth would have to demonstrate a very amazing and captivating story indeed. It would almost have to be some kind of anti-technology religion.

We never gain anything more. Every advancement comes with a slight setback. I am not for or against technology. I am somewhat against the lies, though. And the biggest lie TPTB seem to be telling us is that it is either technology or caveman simplicity. It is either with us or against us. It is either Christianity or Islam.

If it's possible to leave the planet Earth, might it only happen with this continual development and time? Is it possible that a natural model or a technological model will not get us there any quicker? They will get us there at equal paces? I guess if you wanted to try to corner me you could yell at me that that is my religious belief: that our beliefs our arbitrary and our abilities are not abilities we give ourselves; they only increase beyond any of our control whatsoever. It's kind of like "there is free will but it makes no difference what you choose". However, I would still try to argue that's not the final word and I don't really know anything. But this is my (ever-changing) "worldview" right now if you want to call it that.

---

We have noticed that Star Trek and Babylon 5 and that sort of thing seems to be one of the models TPTB are following. The increased security/technology pair up, the harmlessness of floating through all manner of outer space, a kind of neutral "psychic wave" spirituality that characterizes New Age believers, but the contrarily strict, almost comically physical mode of typical travel, "faster than light" transport and "time travel", and a kind of federation of giant multi-system governments (rather than relatively peaceful, tribal band-model communities perhaps?) ... etc. It's almost like an imperial, sea-based model of travel with "boats in space". Very old-fashioned and hilarious when considering the model of the universe.

Bladerunner, Prometheus and Alien are all by Ridley Scott, who seems to have a darker vision of the Star Trek model. But it's more or less the same line of reasoning.

Matrix and Terminator are part of the same "robots take over" story by the Wachowskis and James "Titanic" Cameron (big surprise there!), respectively. Terminator (in)famously involved neo-conservative Nazi governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

We have noticed that Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick were deeply enmeshed in the official advancement of "here and now" to the "Brave New World Order".
fbenario

Re:

Unread post by fbenario »

Utah wrote:Image

Any thoughts on the monolith in the album art for Led Zep's Presence?

ImageImage
The cover and inside sleeve of this album, created by Hipgnosis, features various images of people interacting with a black obelisk-shaped object. Inside the album sleeve, the item is referred to simply as "The Object." It was intended to represent the "force and presence" of Led Zeppelin.[2] In the liner notes of the first Led Zeppelin boxed set, Page explained:

There was no working title for the album. The record-jacket designer said 'When I think of the group, I always think of power and force. There's a definite presence there.' That was it. He wanted to call it 'Obelisk.' To me, it was more important what was behind the obelisk. The cover is very tongue-in-cheek, to be quite honest. Sort of a joke on [the film] 2001. I think it's quite amusing.
In 1977 Hipgnosis and George Hardie were nominated for a Grammy Award in the category of best album package.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presence_%28album%29
The album includes my favorite all-time song, from my very first listen decades ago.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6S9oqJRclo
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

huh,-huh, huh-huh...yeah Beavis, I think it's a statue of Aleister Crowley's wiener, huh-huh :lol: