Russian Probe “Phobos-Grunt” has some problems

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
brianv

Re: Russian Probe “Phobos-Grunt” has some problems

Unread post by brianv »

Dmitry wrote:
I@N wrote:But he said “the frequent failure of our space launches, which occur at a time when they are flying over the part of Earth not visible from Russia, where we do not see the spacecraft and do not receive telemetric information, are not clear to us,” an apparent reference to the Americas.
http://usatrends.org/phobos-grunt-headi ... -official/

Not that apparent.

Russia lost most of ocean ships that provided communications with satellites and space crafts.

It was necessary to "see" all of the sky. Without that, Roscosmos became half-blind.
Dmitry! Tell us about the Kursk!
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

brianv wrote:Dmitry! Tell us about the Kursk!
Sorry brianv, I know nothing special about.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Dmitry wrote: Russia lost most of ocean ships that provided communications with satellites and space crafts.

Actually most of above type ships were laid up 1991 when USSR had problems. I bought M/S Akademik Anatolij Piljugin, a sister to Kosmonaut Jurij Gagarin, at the Admirality Yard at Leningrad around 1996. Nice ship actually with cinema, gym/basket hall, computer centrum, etc. It was said the real purpose of the ships was to steer ICBMs on the last run on target. :P :rolleyes:
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

Heiwa wrote:Actually most of above type ships were laid up 1991 when USSR had problems. I bought M/S Akademik Anatolij Piljugin, a sister to Kosmonaut Jurij Gagarin, at the Admirality Yard at Leningrad around 1996. Nice ship actually with cinema, gym/basket hall, computer centrum, etc. It was said the real purpose of the ships was to steer ICBMs on the last run on target. :P :rolleyes:
Basket hall? Really? What a chance. I was sure it was all sold as scrap metal. :mellow:

Back to “Phobos-Grunt”: objectively, many of Mars-related space adventures officially fail: remember Mars Polar Lander, Mars Climate Orbiter etc. The only recent victory is the fabulous Mars 500 odyssey (http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Mars500/) B)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Dmitry wrote:
A brand new nickel and stainless steel submarine out on "exercises" fired a dummy? missile which exploded in the tubes because of rust!!!!!

And sorry to derail please continue!!
Dmitry

Unread post by Dmitry »

brianv wrote:
Dmitry wrote:
A brand new nickel and stainless steel submarine out on "exercises" fired a dummy? missile which exploded in the tubes because of rust!!!!!

And sorry to derail please continue!!
No, brianv, it's obviously up to you to continue. You seem to be far more informed about the technical details of the incident.

I only heard "it sank", like Komsomolets. I assess the credibility of this (only) claim as 0.8. I have a chance to never visit top secret military objects, so I cannot even be sure that both submarines ever existed.

And, after all, why do you mentioned Kursk?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Dmitry wrote:...
Oh, just wondering if you ever looked into the alleged "incident". Well, you found your way here!

Oscar2 Over and Out. End Transmission.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Heiwa wrote:
Dmitry wrote: Russia lost most of ocean ships that provided communications with satellites and space crafts.
Actually most of above type ships were laid up 1991 when USSR had problems.
Spacecraft and satellites? What is this bullshit?! None of the above type ships existed.. Move along now. Nothing here to see. Just another fairytale..
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

I disagree as I bought M/S Akademik Anatoliy Piljugin 1996 ... without radar antennas but with computer center, theater, gym, etc. It was hinted that the ship would guide the USSR ICM's on their way to USA :P :lol: :D A sister ship was laid up in Ukraine for many years and is probably scrapped.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Heiwa wrote:I disagree as I bought M/S Akademik Anatoliy Piljugin 1996 ... without radar antennas but with computer center, theater, gym, etc. It was hinted that the ship would guide the USSR ICM's on their way to USA :P :lol: :D A sister ship was laid up in Ukraine for many years and is probably scrapped.
Sorry for sounding stupid, but what do you mean you bought it? You know this ship existed? With or without those crazy antennas? And that was its name? MS Akademik Anatoliy Piljugin? Definitely not MS Akademik Nikolai Piljugin? That is the name of the late Russian space hoaxer, erm, I 'mean "lead designer for Soviet satellite launch vehicle and spacecraft propulsion control systems". You've completely lost me here, Heiwa. Maybe I'm a victim of a Russian joke lost in the translation. According to this site, on the fall of the Soviet Empire, the MS Akademik Nikolai Piljugin purportedly became the Seven Seas Navigator, "one of the most luxuriously-equipped cruise ships":

http://www.landgangen.se/forumsmf10/ind ... ic=20538.5

Seven Seas Navigator, once the MS Akademik Nikolai Pikjugin???
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

It looks like the text reads something like "Cosmonaut" something-or-other if my Cyrillic doesn't fail me.

"Free Gagarin?"

Doesn't cosmonaut mean "our equivalent of the fake astronauts" in Russian?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

reichstag fireman wrote:
Heiwa wrote:I disagree as I bought M/S Akademik Anatoliy Piljugin 1996 ... without radar antennas but with computer center, theater, gym, etc. It was hinted that the ship would guide the USSR ICM's on their way to USA :P :lol: :D A sister ship was laid up in Ukraine for many years and is probably scrapped.
Sorry for sounding stupid, but what do you mean you bought it? You know this ship existed? With or without those crazy antennas? And that was its name? MS Akademik Anatoliy Piljugin? Definitely not MS Akademik Nikolai Piljugin? That is the name of the late Russian space hoaxer, erm, I 'mean "lead designer for Soviet satellite launch vehicle and spacecraft propulsion control systems". You've completely lost me here, Heiwa. Maybe I'm a victim of a Russian joke lost in the translation. According to this site, on the fall of the Soviet Empire, the MS Akademik Nikolai Piljugin purportedly became the Seven Seas Navigator, "one of the most luxuriously-equipped cruise ships":

http://www.landgangen.se/forumsmf10/ind ... ic=20538.5

Seven Seas Navigator, once the MS Akademik Nikolai Pikjugin???
Yes, the ship existed and I bought 1996/7 it on behalf of a Gibraltar company we created with intention to transform the ship (at Mariotti shipyard, Genova, Italy) into the cruise vessel that today is Seven Seas Navigator. M/S Akademik Nikolai Piljugin was apparently launched/named painted white already 1990 at the Admirality shipyard/Leningrad and then USSR collapsed so the ship was simply laid up in the Neva river until I found it quite rusty with most paint peeled off and offered to tow it away - was it 1998? Those were the times.