Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby Heiwa on December 3rd, 2011, 10:19 am

lux wrote:Does NASA offer an explanation for how to recharge them on Mars?


A problem with all manned space travel, be it a week/ten days to the Moon or a 10 monts trip to far away Mars, is that you must provide energy (fuel) to heat the vehicle and electricity for various services so the astronauts aboard will survive. As far as I am concerned NASA has not resolved that problem ... ever. :rolleyes:
Heiwa
Member
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: October 20th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby pov603 on December 3rd, 2011, 1:46 pm

Heiwa wrote:
lux wrote:Does NASA offer an explanation for how to recharge them on Mars?


A problem with all manned space travel, be it a week/ten days to the Moon or a 10 monts trip to far away Mars, is that you must provide energy (fuel) to heat the vehicle and electricity for various services so the astronauts aboard will survive. As far as I am concerned NASA has not resolved that problem ... ever. :rolleyes:


@Heiwa

I am not disputing your comments [...here comes my 'but'...] I did read some while back [I will try and find out/remember where] that one simple problem a spaceship would suffer from in space was a build-up of heat within the vehicle not a heat loss.

It seemed counter-intuitive but the reasoning was that as space is a vacuum there was nothing in it to dissipate the heat so a spaceship would have a constant build up of heat from the sun rays/light.

Anyone any thoughts?
pov603
Member
 
Posts: 702
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby Terence.drew on December 3rd, 2011, 3:03 pm

pov603 wrote:
It seemed counter-intuitive but the reasoning was that as space is a vacuum there was nothing in it to dissipate the heat so a spaceship would have a constant build up of heat from the sun rays/light.

Anyone any thoughts?


Very true pov.

Take an actornaut on the moon. He cannot vent the heat build up in his suit because in the vacuum of space there is nothing to transfer the heat into. There is no transfer. The immense heat stays in the suit. You cannot heat up a vacuum.

The only way to survive would be to bring tons of water to the moon, keep it cooled somehow (i.e. stored on the shadow side of the spaceship), and then carry this cooled water around in your spacesuit while making sure it stays cooled (?) and then transfer the heat in your suit to this cooled water and then expel this heated up water on the surface of the moon). You would then have to refill your suit with cooled water.
Same principles apply for spacecraft.

All this does not happen and would be nigh impossible anyways. The only way it is possible is if you do it all on TV ;)
Terence.drew
Member
 
Posts: 248
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:55 pm

SE

Postby Heiwa on December 3rd, 2011, 10:12 pm

pov603 wrote:@Heiwa

I am not disputing your comments [...here comes my 'but'...] I did read some while back [I will try and find out/remember where] that one simple problem a spaceship would suffer from in space was a build-up of heat within the vehicle not a heat loss.

It seemed counter-intuitive but the reasoning was that as space is a vacuum there was nothing in it to dissipate the heat so a spaceship would have a constant build up of heat from the sun rays/light.

Anyone any thoughts?


Well, first of all energy as light and heat is emitted by the Sun (by thermonuclear action) and arrives at our little Earth a little later (some lightminutes!) and warms you and me. Very cosy! Between Sun and Earth is a void or vacuum through which the heat and light transmits.

Now imagine you are in a space ship or suitable vehicle in SPACE between Sun and Earth looking for some comet or so speeding along and you have to go to the toilet. :rolleyes:

I assume your space vehicle has a suitable toilet and you go there and ... you know ... shit!

Imagine now some space idiots going to Mars (from Earth) and it takes 5 months. Imagine the amount of shit they produce in that time. Where do they put it?? :wacko:

I belong to the deep, deep, very deep GREEN save the space environment movement and PLEASE ... do not shit in my UNIVERSE.

Same goes for GWB and Condoleezza.

:)
Heiwa
Member
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: October 20th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Re: SE

Postby pov603 on December 4th, 2011, 10:33 am

Heiwa wrote:
pov603 wrote:@Heiwa

I am not disputing your comments [...here comes my 'but'...] I did read some while back [I will try and find out/remember where] that one simple problem a spaceship would suffer from in space was a build-up of heat within the vehicle not a heat loss.

It seemed counter-intuitive but the reasoning was that as space is a vacuum there was nothing in it to dissipate the heat so a spaceship would have a constant build up of heat from the sun rays/light.

Anyone any thoughts?


Well, first of all energy as light and heat is emitted by the Sun (by thermonuclear action) and arrives at our little Earth a little later (some lightminutes!) and warms you and me. Very cosy! Between Sun and Earth is a void or vacuum through which the heat and light transmits.

Now imagine you are in a space ship or suitable vehicle in SPACE between Sun and Earth looking for some comet or so speeding along and you have to go to the toilet. :rolleyes:

I assume your space vehicle has a suitable toilet and you go there and ... you know ... shit!

Imagine now some space idiots going to Mars (from Earth) and it takes 5 months. Imagine the amount of shit they produce in that time. Where do they put it?? :wacko:

I belong to the deep, deep, very deep GREEN save the space environment movement and PLEASE ... do not shit in my UNIVERSE.

Same goes for GWB and Condoleezza.

:)


I take your points but you need to also consider that they will not 'produce' more than they are already suppposed to be taking ie whatever food products taken on board, its mass would only be converted to some energy/calories used by the Astro-noughts and the rest turned into 'waste' which, with technological advances/common sense can be utilised as [dare I say it without conjuring up Oslo?] fertiliser for any plant life they may be 'growing' on board.

It is no different a scenario to the matter of airliners not disposing their waste into the atmosphere [allegedly] when on trancontinental flights.

This matter has got me thinking of something slightly connected and that is 'geo-synch' satellites, 'elevators to space' and even the proposed space/supersonic flights envisioned which would allow you to travel from London-Sydney in only a few hours [4 or so].

I will post something related to that on the Chatbox.
pov603
Member
 
Posts: 702
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Re: SE

Postby Heiwa on December 4th, 2011, 7:49 pm

pov603 wrote:It is no different a scenario to the matter of airliners not disposing their waste into the atmosphere [allegedly] when on trancontinental flights.


Difference between transcontinental, e.g. UK/Aussi and space Earth/Mars flights is external. Transcontinenntal -50°C/500 hPa outside, space -270°C/0 hPa outside. The space atmosphere is pretty thin - a molecule here and there, not much - so friction in space is negligible compared to transcontinental. Anyway, heat produced inside your cosy space vehicle/saucer will escape through the walls into external space. It is only a question of time and insulation until it gets chilly inside. And light inside must be produced locally, i.e. you must carry it with you. Like on a transcon flight.
Re disposing shit from transcon flights into -50°C will freeze the shit.
IMHO space flight is impossible. And economy transcon flight is a pain. :rolleyes:
Heiwa
Member
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: October 20th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby lux on December 23rd, 2011, 9:25 pm

Those frequently baffled scientists are at it again concerning a mysterious sphere from space that crashed to earth in Northern Africa. A sphere that looks to be in pretty darn good shape considering its high speed collision with Earth:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077708/Metallic-spaceball-Metal-sphere-fell-Earth-sparks-alien-speculation.html

Reminds me of ...

Image
lux
Member
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 11:46 pm

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby nonhocapito on December 24th, 2011, 1:46 am

An identical sphere fell in 1991, apparently, and was identified as a helium tank made of titanium, from the "Salyut 7/Kosmos 1686" satellite.

See this page: http://fernlea.tripod.com/tank.html and compare

Image
1991 sphere, from http://fernlea.tripod.com/tank.html

Image
2011 sphere, from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

Everything could be fake here, of course. But it seems to me that once again we are witnessing the deliberate spinning of events in favor of spooky, suggestive rumors. "Aliens" rather than "satellite parts".

Stating the obvious: This irresponsible attitude towards the "news", that was once attributed entirely to alternative media, is now largely a prerogative of mainstream media, without any apparent leftover need to verify rumors and theories before spreading them.

Sure, this can be explained away with the need of the media to always absorb the public's attention. But it can also be a form of slow, constant brainwashing, in order to accustom the public to always expect some strange, impossible, weird story behind every event, so to be ready to accept faked stories more readily, when the time comes.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2473
Joined: July 10th, 2010, 6:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby Dcopymope on December 24th, 2011, 4:07 am

nonhocapito wrote:An identical sphere fell in 1991, apparently, and was identified as a helium tank in titanium from the "Salyut 7/Kosmos 1686" satellite.

See this page: http://fernlea.tripod.com/tank.html and confront

Image
1991 sphere, from http://fernlea.tripod.com/tank.html

Image
2011 sphere, from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

It seems to me that once again we are witnessing the spinning of events in favor of unfounded conspiracies. "Aliens" rather than "satellite parts".

Stating the obvious: This irresponsible attitude towards the "news", that was once attributed entirely to alternative media, is now largely a prerogative of mainstream media, without any apparent leftover need to verify rumors and theories before spreading them.

Sure, this can be explained away with the need of the media to always absorb the public's attention. But is can also be a form of slow, constant brainwashing, in order to accustom the public to always expect some strange, impossible, weird story behind every event, so to be ready to accept faked events more readily, when the time comes.


In my thread titled "NASA's sun-powered Juno spacecraft", I explain how every single issue even if it has nothing at all to do with space is being spun off as having to do with aliens in some way, and that we can expect to see more of this kind of fallacious reporting by the MSM as time goes along. This is the case of the propagandist taking his stance deliberately on inconsistencies to do exactly what you describe in the last paragraph, and that is to alter their perception in preparation for future false flag events (the "Ancient Aliens" series is a prime example of this), skillful propaganda at work.
Dcopymope
Member
 
Posts: 670
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:59 am

Re: Falling Satellites and Dangers from Space

Postby pov603 on December 24th, 2011, 11:31 am

The 'spin' is laughable especially when they make comments along the lines of '...the sphere was made of an alloy known to man...' which sounds so much more exotic than '...the sphere, which was made of titanium and is believed to be man-made...'
pov603
Member
 
Posts: 702
Joined: June 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Re: Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

Postby Dcopymope on May 15th, 2012, 12:53 am

How the world will be deceived into believing the Ancient Aliens propaganda:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARe5KJu1_Y4
Dcopymope
Member
 
Posts: 670
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:59 am

Re: Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

Postby Dcopymope on June 14th, 2012, 9:32 pm

The long anticipated plan to stage an alien invasion at or around the time of the London ZION Olympics is gaining steam, although I highly doubt that if they do have anything planned for the Olympics that it will be alien in nature.

The Aliens Are Coming - 2012 London Olympics:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNRy-VGDfI

Keep an eye on the skies for saucers during the Olympics Games, warns former MoD UFO expert

UFO Expert for UK Ministry of Defense Claims Alien Attack at the Olympic Games in London

The combined disaster card: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1335&p=2371327#p2371327

The alien like mascots: Image
Dcopymope
Member
 
Posts: 670
Joined: April 10th, 2010, 2:59 am

Re: Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

Postby Maat on June 15th, 2012, 12:55 am

Re the alien-like mascots, there have been plenty of 'one-eyed' characters in movies and modern cartoons as inspiration for that too. Ref Top Ten Fictional One-Eyed Characters

e.g.
ImageImage
Michael “Mike” Wazowski — Monsters, Inc......&......Turanga Leela — Futurama
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

Re: Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

Postby lux on June 15th, 2012, 1:01 am

^ Don't forget Sammy Davis, Jr. :)
lux
Member
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: October 1st, 2011, 11:46 pm

Re: Falling satellites and other Dangers from Space

Postby Maat on June 15th, 2012, 1:06 am

lux wrote:^ Don't forget Sammy Davis, Jr. :)

:lol: And Peter Falk (Columbo) :D
Maat
Moderator
 
Posts: 1423
Joined: September 9th, 2010, 2:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to Apollo, and more space hoaxes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests