Satellites : general discussion and musings

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
hoi.polloi

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Uh, no. Please let's not even joke about turning this into a UFO thread. One of my worst fears is that our site will devolve into something like that!

I understand you are teasing me and deliberately misinterpreting me because it's funny (it is funny), but just to be absolutely as clear as I can try to be at this time of night: I was in a moving jet. The thing from my perspective — the visible line — was revealed slowly and it was eventually revealed to have been built to 'turn a corner' if I recall it correctly. It was more like this enormous outlined shape was completely stationary relative to the ground. It was a stationary, non-moving, non-changing thing of great size at "ground level" from my view. My first guess was it was a building or dam or something of that nature except it would have to be absolutely huge. Like the size of a city. Does that make sense? I merely passed over it, and my eye tracked the thing as the passenger plane flew over something taking the form of a visible line with a corner turn to it. I could try to draw it but I think you may get the idea if you can even be bothered to believe me, which I am not expecting.

Perhaps this really is the wrong thread. In my imagination, before posting, this thought was about it being some kind of weird structure which could potentially serve some (communications?) purpose. I don't know. It's not very good, is it? Sorry.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Yes, sorry. Only teasing.
I understand the need for proper punctuation and will try to keep on top of my grammatical errors but was a little surprised at the perceived backlash regarding one of my earlier posts.
Note: ---this is not sent from my iPhone---
Regarding your flight over Russia would it be possible to check one of the flight tracker websites to see where your plane [if you can remember its designation] actually flew over and then see if google maps, or whatever, can identify anything?
hoi.polloi

This may be possible if the flight paths haven't changed too much. I could give it a shot in the dark but it would be like trusting Google's image banks the whole time and my patience might lose against the futile search.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

hoi.polloi wrote:That reminds me of a pretty enormous thing I saw flying over Russia one time. It was a straight white line of immense thickness, I thought it was impossibly straight for something in that otherwise seemingly barren or mountainous region. It had sharp corners and took a 90-degree turn at some point, making me imagine a huge outlined rectangle.
Some kind of optical illusion with a pipeline or a railway? How thick is 'immensely thick'? Certainly sounds odd.
hoi.polloi

That's what I thought perhaps ... like a multi-kilometer-wide railway? But I think the only way to solve this now is to take another flight. I don't want to misremember this. Chalk it up to a hallucination for now. I was never here.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

OSN [one of the cable providers here in Dubai] is warning of interference that may occur between 27/Sep to 07/Oct lasting for about five minutes due to the 'satelite' and the sun lining up, though when and where exactly is non-specific.
Apparently this happens twice a year according to the blurb on the telly every now and then.
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

Simon Develops?

In what may be some kind of NASA/ Illumi-naughty psy-op and controlled opposition to the fine research done by Simon Shack and Clues to expose space fraud, NASA uploaded this:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLXue2KJryE

Clearly CGI folks :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Starbucked wrote:Simon Develops?
Yay, there I am - finally on TV! And on NBC - no less ! :lol:

source: http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hur ... c-20141002

Heading for Hollywood, folks...sneaking up from the South - hehe!...

Image http://nhc.hurricane.com/
"First-light visible imagery and a 1205 UTC SSMI/S overpass indicate that Simon has become a little better organized."

... to the rescue of the American people ("socorro" means "rescue / relief / help" - in Spanish):

"THE CENTER OF SIMON WILL PASS NEAR OR OVER SOCORRO ISLAND THIS AFTERNOON."

...and I mean BUSINESS ! :P

"...AND SIMON IS EXPECTED TO BECOME A HURRICANE TONIGHT OR SATURDAY."
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Hahaha, that's absolutely bloody hilarious Simon.
Here you are now, fearlessly heading towards Japan, hence towards ME ! hahaha, I love it, and I don't really think it's a "coincidence" at all :P

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hur ... n-20140929
simonshack
Administrator

ElSushi wrote:Hahaha, that's absolutely bloody hilarious Simon.
Here you are now, fearlessly heading towards Japan, hence towards ME ! hahaha, I love it, and I don't really think it's a "coincidence" at all :P
Next stop > Fuk-u-shima Nukular Plant ! B)
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Next stop > Fuk-u-shima Nukular Plant ! B)
Who knows ! The nutwork might be able to pull out another criminally insane story mixing the super upcoming typhoon (haven't seen anything that "big" yet...) with the FUCK-ushima "nukular plant", lol, we shall never underestimate the incredibly imaginative nature of the nutwork's operators :puke:
simonshack
Administrator

We cry for you, Argentina

Argentina has now joined the global space scam (for a mere $270million 'entry fee') - allegedly launching their "very own" geostationary satellite (which is meant to "foremostly provide TV signal coverage to the most remote areas of the country"...)

(my best translation):
"The project, fully national, required an investment of $ 270 million and allowed Argentina to retain the orbital position 81, which spans from America to the Falklands, a position also contended by the UK, first in the waiting list of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)." [ :lol: Poor UK will have to wait! :rolleyes: ]

"The construction of the satellite required seven years of development by Argentina Enterprise Satellite Solutions (ARSAT), under the Ministry of Federal Planning, in cooperation with the state company INVAP of Bariloche Rio Negro."
The supposed Argentinian satellite will allegedly be launched by the purported ARIANE rocket from the jungles of Kourou, Guyana...

Image < Arse-At government rig

Most Argentinians, it seems, still believe that rockets can be launched in outer space. :(

A hat tip and a hug to my dear friend Fausto from Buenos Aires - who sent me these sorry news via Skype today. :)
Makkonen

Unread post by Makkonen »

to foremostly provide TV signal coverage to the most remote areas of the country
That is such a bizarrely obsolete excuse in the era of ubiquitous high-speed Internet and streaming services. Image
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Butt-Head: Huh-huh, huh-huh.
Beavis: He said "arse". Huh-huh ...
lux

Unread post by lux »

An interesting analysis of a satellite sighting by a well-equipped amateur astronomer:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QikPlx2moNc