Satellites : general discussion and musings

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Postby Kham on February 6th, 2017, 4:17 am

DO SATELLITES NEED TO EXIST

Do satellites exist or not? How about we ask if satellites need to exist at all. Nearly any spot on the globe that needs communication can get it with a combination undersea cable, terrestrial cables, radio signals, predictable bouncing of signals off of atmosphere and cell towers, and what ever else industry currently uses. We don't need satellites for anything.

But say, what if one were to want total communication secrecy. Problem with ground cables is they can be easily hacked into, I mean literally sawed into with a saw, to get access to that data stream that travels through those terrestrial fiber-optics. But say one were to declare that their cables were in outer space, meaning satellites, so their communication method was more nearly unhackable. This would only be a ruse though, to misguide would-be hackers. One could start their own communications company and pronounce their secure satellite communications are the safest, while in reality, they are just using a secure encrypted terrestrial and undersea cable network. By the way, data traveling through terrestrial and undersea cables travel the same exact routes in the exact same times as so called satellite data, actually, satellite data takes a bit longer, lol. We also should not ignore economics. Hitching a ride on a rocket is not cheap. Faking satellite communications would be much more economical for a business than actually making satellite communications.

Not only do satellites not need to exist, but it would be astronomically cheaper for them to be faked.
Kham

Postby simonshack on February 6th, 2017, 11:13 pm

Altair » February 4th, 2017, 5:30 pm wrote:Oops... just doing some more research I've found this vid of the Hispasat launch, a recent one from Jan 27th 2017.

Isn't it just beautiful? This Soyuz "mushroom-cloud-launch" goes straight into my rocketry artwork collection. I might just open - one fine day - a Rocket Launch CGI ART GALLERY, in Rome, Paris or London. Hey, I might even make a living out of it! Entrance fee: $11 (in honor of Apollo 11) -_-

Seriously now: anyone be-LIE-ving that this is REAL imagery has to be severely-conditioned / mentally-wounded by Hollywood movies.

Please DO watch these other idiotic Soyuz CGI launches : viewtopic.php?p=2385791#p2385791

There really is NO difference between the blatant fakeness of alleged manned-rockets launch imagery - and the alleged satellite-carrying rocket imagery. To think that the former is fake - and that the latter is real - simply makes no logical sense.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby Altair on February 7th, 2017, 11:40 am

Yes, it's funny that despite being so close to the launch site, those girls don't seem to be affected by the turbulence that such a xl-sized rocket would cause. Nor do the bushes in the Guyana launch, which are just being swayed by a gentle breeze. BTW, I've found some bloopers in the ISS guided tour by Spanish 'astronaut' Pedro Duque, but I'll post in the appropriate thread.
Altair

Previous

Return to Apollo, and more space hoaxes